Thread: Work visa to a 'work to residence visa' ?

Question Work visa to a 'work to residence visa' ?

Hi all,

Currently I'm in New Zealand with a standard work visa (3years).
    I'm working for an accredited employer since 2.5 years now.
    With the new laws of October and April the application for the SMC seems compromised for me and my family (short in point).

I shall to know if is that possible to make a 'conversion' of my standard work visa to a work to residence knowing that I fill all criteria ?
    Or can I apply with my actual job contract then have to wait 2 years before ask for residency ?

regards,

What is the name of your work visa? - what is printed on the label in your passport?

There is no way to go back in time and make some other visa count as a work-to-residence visa for the whole time it has been in force, no. I think you will have to apply as of now for a new visa, then after two years, you should be eligible for a Residence From Work visa.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    What is the name of your work visa? - what is printed on the label in your passport?

There is no way to go back in time and make some other visa count as a work-to-residence visa for the whole time it has been in force, no. I think you will have to apply as of now for a new visa, then after two years, you should be eligible for a Residence From Work visa.
    The label is simply 'Work Visa' - With a condition below which say that I'm only allowed to work for this employer (the accredited one) at this position.

Hi LeXa,

Why would you say that the SMC route seems compromised?

My friend is working in an INZ accredited employer with a post study work visa. The job offer he received and the employment agreement says his salary is lower than $55,000. If he reach the salary of $55K, can he apply for a talent visa (accredited employer)? His post study work visa will expire soon.

Quote Originally Posted by John316 View Post
    Why would you say that the SMC route seems compromised?
    As mentioned, not enough points.

That salary level is ONE of the requirements. See under Criteria on this visa factsheet. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria