Thread: Lodge work visa application without agent

Default Lodge work visa application without agent

Hi everyone,

i am a 32yo from the uk, currently in auckland on a working holiday visa which is due to expire in january 2018. I am working as a painter and have been offered a full time permanent job with the company.

My partner is also here with me and would like to stay here as de facto on my visa. We have been together for 2 years.

Is it possible to apply for a work visa and partner without the help of an agent? Or is it too complicated?

I have spoke to some agents and they have quoted me around $1800 each per visa. Is this normal?

Thank you for your help!

Toby

I think the option of getting an agent is entirely up to you as an applicant but base on my experience as long as you know and understand the immgration instructions you are applying under I think it's not a problem. But there have been cases in this forum where they had not use an LIA who suddenly found themselves in trouble with their application and at the end hired an LIA to assist them like responding to a PPI.
    Please see old threads re Immigration Advisor
    https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...iser&styleid=8

https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread...ration+adviser

I think LIA makes your application simplified and "paperless".
    If you opt to hire an LIA please check this out https://www.immigration.govt.nz/empl...gration-advice

I think LIA makes your application simplified and "paperless".
    I don't agree it makes it paperless. If you employ an agent, s/he will tell you what evidence you have to find and supply - s/he can't get it for you.

But yes, the INZ website, forms and guides tell you exactly what you need to do. You don't have to have an agent unless you want to.

Hi Toby,

I did all my applications without an agent

It is possible... but you will need to read and understand every instruction... and with the help of this forum... everything is possible!

With agent or without agent you will need the same documentation and forms...

Thanks for the replies everyone! Very helpful! I have decided to do the application myself. I will come back on this forum with any questions I have during the process!

Do I submit my work visa application online first? And then my partner will send her application after? Can the partner application not be done online also?

Thank you!

Your two applications can be submitted at the same time, with a cover letter linking your partner's to yours (giving all details about you so they can make the link). INZ will supply information that you don't have at first, like your visa number, as it becomes available. No, there isn't a way she can do hers online.