Thread: Skilled Migrant approved in principal, question re working conditions

Default Skilled Migrant approved in principal, question re working conditions

Hi there

Thanks for all your help my application has been approved in principal with fixed-term contract!

Just after reading this: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa

I have been in this job since Feb 2016 till now.

Not sure if I need to stay in my job for 12 months from now? There isn't a condition for people who have been working on the job for more than 3/12 months etc...

Thanks

If they had put a Section 49(1) condition on your visa, it would have been printed on the visa label.

That normally only happens for those who have either not been in their skilled job for at least three months when they apply, or who have claimed points for the job not being in Auckland.

If you have sent your passport to INZ and stayed in this job for more than 3 months then there wont be any conditions on your visa label. But when you send your passport to immigration for visa label and you havent crossed the three month period then you will have conditon on your visa label which will state that you have to stay on this job for 1 year.

Its just my opinion not immigration advice.