Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Spouse Visitor Visa - 4 months delayed! Help

Question Spouse Visitor Visa - 4 months delayed! Help

Hi Guys,

Applied for husbands visitor visa through immigration agent. It is the third time my husband has applied for the visa. We applied in February and got the interview call on May 10th. The Interview went good and immediately after the interview, we received an email wherein the Case officer asked my husband to do a medical x-ray. Does it mean she was happy with the interview and have partially approved it? Its been over a month since the medical was done without any concerns. However we havent yet heard any decision or response from case officer. Is the Delhi branch busy? Our licenced advisor dropped an email to CO few weeks ago but we havent got any reply from her. Can my husband contact the main contact center or shall we request our licenced advisor to call the main office to know the status of our application? Are we barred as individuals to call the contact center since we have given permissions to our agent?

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by kitty14; 13th June 2017 at 06:20 PM.

Hello there, visitor visa shouldnt take this long. My friend applied for his parents visitor visa and got approved within 1 month.

Why has your husband applied 3rd time for his visa? Was there a rejection before? If there was then they might be looking at your husbands case more thoroughly. My wife visitor visa was declined twice and now after my residence i have come to live with my wife to fulfill living together requirement and we have applied for her partnership based work visa. Her file has gone to INZ Delhi as well. She got an email as well saying its really busy and it might take more than 25 days to process the file.What is your visa status?

I think you can call immigration call centre in NZ and ask for an update but they cant tell you the decision on the phone but they will update u of any thing happening with your husbands case. Please let us know what they tell u

It is just my opinion not an immigration advice .

Hi Sameer,

Thanks for your suggestion, much appreciate! My husbands work visa was rejected initially and subsequently visitor visa was rejected because of the living together clause, despite we living as partners in UK for 6 months and having a relationship since past 6 years. Seems they consider after marriage proofs much worthy, than the time we spent as partners. When did your wife apply?

Does it mean she was happy with the interview and have partially approved it? Its been over a month since the medical was done without any concerns.
    No, it doesn't mean that. The interview and the X-ray were each just one more thing on the list to be ticked off. The CO can't proceed until everything has been dealt with.

The month passing since anything happened is normal. All COs are dealing with around 100 cases at the same time in rotation. When the CO finishes doing anything that can actively be dealt with at that time on a case, it goes to the back of her rotating queue, and she passes to the next case, and the next, and the next, and so on. Any replies in your case in the meantime go directly to your file, wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them till it is your file's next turn for attention, when it has worked its way round to the front of the line again.

Our licenced advisor dropped an email to CO few weeks ago but we havent got any reply from her.
    This also is normal. INZ COs job is to process cases. They aren't supposed to send 'empty' emails ("I am waiting for replies on your case and meantime it is in the queue because there is nothing further to be done at this time"), because every such moment spent would be using time that could be advancing someone else's case and getting a visa issued sooner.

It isn't possible for anyone to know about the details of their case as it goes through processing. Even if you or your LIA phone up, nobody is going to be able to say more than that the file is being processed, or is in the queue. People would always LIKE to know exactly what the CO has done, what she is waiting for, what needs to be done next, and, above all, HOW LONG will it all take. But this information is just NOT available.

Thank you so much for your detailed reply, much appreciate! I guess then we have to wait patiently for CO to process our case. Its just the amount of time taken bothering us or rather making us nervous/anxious.

The time that is passing is NOT all because of some monstrous difficulty with your case! Being nervous/anxious is the absolutely normal default state for anyone with an application in to INZ! You are not alone.

Hello Kitty, My wife applied for her visa on 2 June 2017. Her Visitor visa was declined 2 times before as we were not convinced with living together proof. But as i got my residence visa i came to my home country in march 2017 to live with my wife and collect evidence to apply for her visa. We got married last year but it wasnt a big wedding as her parents were not happy with the marriage because of our religion. But now as i am with her now and want to take her with me. I hope they accept our living together proof as we dont have pics of our marriage and much public recognition.

And also its very difficult to collect proof in our country as we dont receive letters from different organisation like we do in NZ. and there is no such things like joint here except for joint bank account. we live in my parents house . so I hope everything goes well.

What is your visa status in NZ? are you both married now? thanks

Hi Sameer,

Yes, we are married now. We got married in 2015 and then I left India to pursue PhD. I am a student here, but since PhD can be a long lonely journey I was hoping my hubby to join me. He was with me in UK too as we pursued studies together. Honestly, we too had a simple register marriage, because of fianancial reasons. However, parents and cousins were present for the marriage. We provided reference letter of our buildings secretary, facebook chats, skype, whatsapp, videos, albums, trip tickets, joint account as a living and financial proof, since I didnt change my address after marriage. I was living with my inlaws after marriage but didnt bother to change the address because its a tedious process and I had to fly before a certain date to commence PhD. You are right, it is difficult to prove, and after residency you ought to have your partner by your side. Things will be easy in your case I beleive and would surely get approved. Wishing you both all the very best. Let me know if you hear the decision any sooner. Keep posted. Thanks!
    Last edited by kitty14; 14th June 2017 at 12:01 AM.

Hello kitty, one of my friend who is completing his PHD in NZ also applied for his wife work visa gor approved in 2 months. They also were in similar situation as yours. They couldnt have huge wedding because of the finances. So they told this to INZ . And INZ was understanding about the sitaution. But they had few pics with their parents .

If you let them know about sitaution to them then they will Consider it. And i know it will be granted this time. If they wanted to reject they would have done longtime ago. But just keep in touch via facebook becuase INZ might ask you proof for the time being. All the best

I have applied for general visitor visa on 25 april 2017 in new delhi branch in india which sponsored by my nz citizen wife.
    I got partnership work visa declined in nz then a partnership visitor visa declined in india on march 31 2017, this is the reason i hv applied for general visitor visa ...last update given my co on 30th may that my case is with senior officer for an review
    And this is 3rd week case is with senior officer for just an review but no response yet...
    Feeling worried....
    My visa Already declined two times
    What will happen this time ...!!!
    Anyone in same situation?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast