Thread: AIP received, but problem

Default AIP received, but problem

Hi everyone,

I received my AIP on the 7th of June 2017, my timeline is below:

ITA lodged: 03 March 2017
    Got CO: 01 May 2017
    CO Asked questions from Employers (past and present) and further papers from me: 03 May 2017
    Supplied all papers to CO: 09 May 2017 (by this time all my employers also answered the COs questions
    CO called me for an interview: 30 May 2017
    CO emailed my Immigration Advisor with my AIP valid till 07 December 2017: 08 June 2017

I was on an interim visa (with work permit) from 31 May 2017. I got the interim visa after I applied for an Essential Skills Work Visa on 23 May 2017.

Now, my passport is with Christchurch INZ and I am waiting for them to give me my passport with the Work Visa so that I can sent it to Henderson to get my Residency!!!

I am stuck in the middle, and my Immigration Advisor is telling me that he has asked the technical officer of ChCh INZ branch to expedite my visa. I called the INZ Call Centre and they said that no action has yet been taken on my work visa (10 days since my immigration advisor sent them an email).

So what is going on? Can anyone help? How is the process from here and what should be done?

Very nervous.

Sorry, it would be wrong to say AIP is valid till 07 December 2017. What I mean to say is that my temp. visa is valid till then (which is my interim visa) and the AIP says that I should sent my passport before that or I will have to apply for more temp. visa duration.

My problem is that even after I got my residency the CHCH INZ is sitting with my work visa application and passport without any sign of movement and I need my passport to sent it to Henderson! I would need the work visa on it so that everything is valid!

I am really loosing my mind here. SOMEBODY HELP!

I haven't heard of anyone previously having exactly this problem, so I don't know of a definite solution.

However, in your place, I think I would be trying two approaches. I would contact the CO, saying you know s/he isn't responsible for your case now it is finished, but can s/he please tell you who to approach to "unstick" this problem. I would also phone the call centre again. The telephone answerers won't be able to tell you anything useful, because they only work from a database, but you can ask to be put through to a supervisor or other case-working official, to ask the same thing - who can you take your problem to, who can cut through the red tape here? The bottom line of this is that INZ already HAS your passport, just in the wrong office, and it's surely not beyond hope that the two branches could liaise with one another to sort it out, whereas you, as a member of the public, haven't been able to access anyone to pull the right strings.