Thread: Change primary applicant?

Default Change primary applicant?

Hey!

Does anyone have any idea if it is possible to change who is the primary applicant?

Our situation just got complicated, but here goes...

We are here on the working holiday visa. We applied for the Skilled Migrant Visa with 225 points. Our case officer just contacted us with the news that they don't recognize some of his work experience and hence he doesn't have the necessary experience to substitute for the qualification, and hence his skilled job doesn't count. They also don't want to recognize my skilled job as the secondary applicant as it is listed as casual assistant manager in my contract although I am working as a full-time assistant manager. SO we are at 135 points.

But....

I just got a job offer today (the same day we got the letter from our case officer....what a rollercoaster!) as a mechanical lab technician, ANZCO skill level 2. I have a qualification as a mechanical engineer, and 4 years of relevant work experience...which would again give us enough points if this is possible. Anyone have any ideas?

Congratulations on the good news, on the one hand, but on the other - no, you can't change the primary applicant on an application under SMC. You would have to put in a new one in your name.