Thread: Moving Auckland Jna 2018

Post Moving Auckland Jna 2018

Hello everyone,

I have PR and I have planned to move on Jan first week 2018 to Auckland.
    As our PR first entry has to be before end of Jan 2018, so my family which includes my wife, two daughters ( age 2 & 1) will come with me for a week than they will go back UAE until I am settle by mean find a suitable job and arrange the accommodation.

Please someone advice me below:
    1. Which hotel or hotel apartment for a week will be suitable for me to stay with my family in CBD Auckland.
    2. After they will leave, can I rent a 1BR house/apartment for 2-3 months by paying through credit card from offshore? So I will be focusing on my goal rather looking for a housing.

Regards,
    Hassan

1. We stayed at Quest at Parnell for nearly six weeks when we moved to Auckland six months ago. It is not at CBD but very close with direct bus access which only takes 10 mins. Quest is a serviced apartment so it has kitchen plus cooking utensils so may be more suitable when travelling with young children.
    2. Usually if you pay via credit card, hotel can charge like 2% surcharge so may end up a big amount. When we stayed at Quest for 6 weeks, we paid the hotel every 2 weeks via bank card eftpos which has no surcharge.

I stayed in the Waldorf St Martin when I moved here 4 years ago--it's still there. My employer was willing to pay for a one bedroom unit, but for a mere $8 more per night I upgraded it to a 2 bedroom unit. Aside from the extra bedroom, the 2 bedrooms have a working washing machine. You do need to go to the basement to dry clothes, but if you're a hotel guest you get free tokens at the reception for the dryer. Waldorf has several properties around the CBD: the St Martin is near the top of Symonds Street, close to Karangahape and Grafton Roads. A gentle stroll down to the CBD; a vigorous climb back up--like a lot of Auckland, thanks to the volcanoes.

/http://waldorf.co.nz/

Quote Originally Posted by Hassanabbas View Post
    Hello everyone,

I have PR and I have planned to move on Jan first week 2018 to Auckland.
    As our PR first entry has to be before end of Jan 2018, so my family which includes my wife, two daughters ( age 2 & 1) will come with me for a week than they will go back UAE until I am settle by mean find a suitable job and arrange the accommodation.

Please someone advice me below:
    1. Which hotel or hotel apartment for a week will be suitable for me to stay with my family in CBD Auckland.
    2. After they will leave, can I rent a 1BR house/apartment for 2-3 months by paying through credit card from offshore? So I will be focusing on my goal rather looking for a housing.

Regards,
    Hassan
    Hi,

Just to clarify, do you have PR or Residence? (There is a difference)

Also, I don't think your whole family has to come to validate the visa. If you are the primary, only you need to enter the country, not your whole family... if that makes any difference.

Also, I don't think your whole family has to come to validate the visa.
    Excuse me, but no, this is not right. Each person has to enter NZ and present his/her passport at immigration at the airport in order to activate their visa. If this isn't done by the date printed on the label, the visa(s) not validated will lapse.

I see from your old posts that it is indeed Residence that you have. PR is a different visa that you can qualify for after at least two years living in NZ as a Resident. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...anent-resident At THAT stage, the principal applicant qualifies on behalf of all the people who were on the original application, and they don't all have to do it.

We're moving to Auckland next month and have used love home swap to sort our initial accommodation. It means a home away from home and no cash transaction. If i was unsuccessful, i would have used airbnb or vrbo. Those are the sites i mainly use for travel as we have 3 children aged 3.5 and under so need cooking facilities and home perks too.