Thread: House purchased but haven't moved yet - property management services?

Default House purchased but haven't moved yet - property management services?

We're moving to NZ in early October but just bought a house in Tauranga and take possession in July. As part of the conditions of our insurance, we need to have someone check the house once a week, take mail in, etc. Does anyone know of any companies that might take on this task? I've Googled but only come up with landscapers, property management companies who manage rental properties and housecleaning companies....none of them seem obviously suited to this task. Anybody more in the know have an idea?

Have you thought of security companies?

Otherwise, it seems to me that either the property management companies or the cleaning companies might be willing to quote you for this specific task.

If the house has a monitored alarm, I would try to negotiate that as part of the monitoring.

JandM, thank you! While it seems obvious now, I hadn't thought of security companies and a quick Google search has provided me with a couple of hot leads. Much appreciated.