Thread: Lodged residency visa, got CO, no further contact from her since

Unhappy Lodged residency visa, got CO, no further contact from her since

Hi there!

I've lodged my residency visa under partnership a couple of months ago here in NZ.

I've received an email from my CO once in which she requested some info last month which was very confusing as everything she requested we have already provided.. Basically I only sent her an email explaining things but I never got any replies from her.

She didn't reply to my second email and to the next email from my partner. We are so confused and worried what if she just ignored what I wrote and that's why things are not moving forward maybe. Or maybe she is satisfied with things therefore no need to contact us back??

Should we be concerned and really call them or wait and see??

I also can't find what are the hours for their contact centre please?

Thank you!

Hi sunnym. Generally, it is recommended that you should/must provide all information asked time and again by your CO. There is no harm to provide same information again.

Contact centre is open 24hours, I guess. You just need to provide your number and they will call you back soon. As we are in New Zealand, it is better to use the 05......number as it's faster than other numbers.

Good luck. I am sure things will be fine with you.

It is normal that you don't get a reply from a CO. They aren't meant to do a 'social politeness' reply to everything, as that would take time away from their main work of processing cases. The few minutes to say (to everyone who might ask), 'Yes, I got your last communication. Your case is still being processed,' would take the time that could better be used doing the last checks on someone's case that would get their visa issued.

If the CO needs anything further from you, she will be in touch. Just wait and let her do her job. All COs have to work their allocation of cases (about 100 at a time) in rotation. They take the first, do everything they can for the time (sending out queries, or ticking off replies), then put that to the back and take the next, then the next, then the next, and so on. They don't take any file out of order. Any replies go to your file wherever it is in the queue, and the CO won't see them until it's your file's turn to be looked at again. There is always a lot of waiting time when you don't hear anything, but that doesn't mean nothing is happening.

There is no point in calling the helpline. They are not able to tell you fine details of what is happening on your case. Nobody can follow every step of the processing, though many would like to. This information is not made available.

Thank you so much! This is very helpful and informative. Will wait and see. Hopefully it will be all good..

Thank you !