Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need Advice on Resident Visa Conversion from SMC Job Search Visa

Question Need Advice on Resident Visa Conversion from SMC Job Search Visa

I applied for skilled migrant resident visa and was granted a 9-month Job Search Visa which is expiring on 15th July 2017. I have found a permanent IT role earlier this month (June 2017) with a accredited company and have informed my case officer and shared the electronic job offer letter. I emailed my My CO is currently liaising with my employer for verification at the moment and have sent out questionnaire pertaining to my job. By end of tomorrow, my employer will revert back to my CO. I do not know how long it will take before the resident visa is granted (or never!).

In view of my work visa is expiring on the 15th July 2017, I need advice for the following please:
    1) Is it advisable to apply for a temporary work visa while waiting for the resident visa conversion process?
    2) There are so many types of work visa, which type is most suitable for my situation or easiest to apply?
    3) Do I need to do chest x-ray and medical examination to apply for the work visa? I have submitted chest x-ray and medical report to INZ before but in early 2016.
    4) Anyone can share if you have similar experience and how long it will take to have your resident visa granted?

Need help....

I think you need to check with the INZ official who has been sent your work details whether you even need to be considering the work visa option. Normally, as long as your job is a skilled one, the issue of the Residence visa is VERY quick. All the verification about you has been done, and the Residence visa is all ready for you, just awaiting the final factor of evidence of skilled employment with a solid company.

Thanks, JandM. I will check with my CO. My employer just informed me that they have responded to my CO and now it's the time to wait for the verification outcome.

CO just informed me that i'm on second person check... finger crossed.

Anyone knows how long it will take for second person check? I still waiting for the outcome and feeling anxious as my work visa expiring on 15th July.

2-8 weeks currently for most offices

If you haven't received the AIP AND provided you passport to INZ for residecne visa issue , by the time your current visa expires you MUST lodge a further temporary visa application.

I have just received my AIP in the morning and handed in my passport today. Before my passport returns to me, can i legally stay in New Zealand until the passport with resident visa returns to me?

You can't go anywhere without your passport, and since it's in the hands of the New Zealand Immigration authority, you'll be fine. The very people who would make a pronouncement on whether you are, or are not, legally in the country if there was any query, have you as an active case being finalized as a resident.

By the way,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast