Thread: Applying for Residency - Partnership

Question Applying for Residency - Partnership

Hi All ,

I am finally applying for my Residency ! My partner is a Kiwi and i am British and I have a few questions that i am really hoping someone can help with

1- My visa runs out at the end of October and i am applying now. My brother is getting married in September so my partner and i will be travelling over to England for this and we arrive back two weeks before expiry. I cant imagine my residency visa will have a decision by then so are they likely to let me back in ?

2 - My partner and i have been living together for 4 years but we have small gaps where i have moved to England before he did ( 2 months ) and he moved back to NZ before i did ( 2 months ) When we moved back here we lived with his parents and i dont have much evidence for this part. After this we moved into the house my partner owns and i paid money into the mortgage and we have joint bills here so a lot more evidence here. My question is should i just apply with evidence from the last year as its really strong or should i go all the way back to the beginning of the relationship when we lived together but with each others parents and explain the gaps?

3- How much evidence do i actually need? I am trying to get letters etc for each month of the year but a couple of the months i haven't received any mail.

Thank you very much for the help. I know i need to apply sooner rather than later just worried i might miss something crucial.

Thanks
    Chloe

For the residence application you need to focus on providing evidence that you have been living together (for the last) 12 months. Always useful to include a timeline of your relationship from when you first met, and evidence to support that, but INZ are really only interested in the last 12 months.

You must lodge an application for a further temporary visa, before the current one expires, but this could be done once you return from the UK.

Your question 1. If your visa is valid, and it is marked as being a multiple entry visa, you should be allowed back in without problems. If when you check it you find it ISN'T multiple entry, you can ask for it to be amended.