Thread: Specific Purpose Work Visa

Default Specific Purpose Work Visa

Hi! Hope someone can enlighten me on this. My husband applied for a corrections officer and is invited for an assessment center. Is Specific Purpose Work Visa applicable? He already holds a Limited visa to attend a graduation ceremony of my sister in September. But the assessment center will be on July, so I guess having two Limited Visa for different purposes will not be allowed? Thanks!!

He should be able to do this on a visitor's visa, I think. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...look-for-a-job He would need to show evidence when applying of the assessment/interview he has been asked to attend.

Quote Originally Posted by benbevjet View Post
    Hi! Hope someone can enlighten me on this. My husband applied for a corrections officer and is invited for an assessment center. Is Specific Purpose Work Visa applicable? He already holds a Limited visa to attend a graduation ceremony of my sister in September. But the assessment center will be on July, so I guess having two Limited Visa for different purposes will not be allowed? Thanks!!
    If he holds a Limited Purpose visa, then this cannot be altered or extended. It is granted expressly for the purpose and duration specified. Its not clear if he has yet arrived in NZ, but if he hasn't, a further application for a visa might be possible, if it was no longer in effect by the time he arrived on the visa granted for September.

Hi ChrisMwn,

He hasn't arrived in NZ yet. The limited visa he has is meant to be used this September and it's specifically stated there on the visa that it's for the sole purpose of attending my sister's graduation. So I guess he cannot apply for another limited visa with the purpose of attending the assessment center, right? Thanks!

Hi JandM,

I'm a bit hesitant about it since it was stated there that the primary purpose is to visit for the visitors visa. We actually applied for a visitors visa for the September travel but only granted a Limited Visa. So I guess it wouldn't work for the 2nd time.

Look at that link to the INZ website I gave you. It specifically says that "you can look for work or attend a job interview in New Zealand on a visitor's visa."