Thread: Work Visa - Skills Match/WINZ

Default Work Visa - Skills Match/WINZ

Hi!

Just wondering if it's all possible to get a visa renewed successfully if the employer didn't go through WINZ but did advertised in other places like seek,trademe and others.
    I'm just concern as with recent company restructuring I think my position might fall into a "low skilled job" being level 4.

please help.

Thanks

See WK2.10.1 d and e, here. https://onlineservices.immigration.g...nual/45981.htm
    d Despite (c) above, but subject to (e) below, when determining whether there are New Zealand citizen or residence class visa holder workers available to undertake work in an ANZSCO Skill Level 4 or 5 occupation, immigration officers must consider advice from Work and Income about the availability of New Zealand citizens or residence class visa holder workers to do the work offered.
    e The requirement in (d) above does not apply for any period of time where Work and Income has advised INZ of a regional absolute labour shortage for a specified occupation or industry, and the work offered is both for that occupation or industry, and in the region specified.

I see from your past posts that at the end of last year, you were saying your visa had been recently renewed. When does it run till? And has your job been changed a lot since the renewal?

it's to end this year September as it was only been extended for a year. it's pretty much the same position last year but my employer is being managed by a new set of HR staff and have told me that there is no need for one, i find it really strange and have replied back to them that it is on level 4 and would therefore need a skills match report from WINZ.

> used to be Level 2 on the ANZSCO code but company restructuring they no longer require a leader to manage so I was put back to where I started as junior level office staff.
    Last edited by meedrian; 30th June 2017 at 08:39 PM.

Oh, I see.

In that case, I'm sorry to say that your present visa probably doesn't cover your job as it now is. Seriously, if the employer isn't willing to reinstate things to how they were, you probably urgently need to rethink your position. Do you know of jobs available with any firms the present company deals with? If things aren't going to change at work, and you can't quickly get another job, you are going to need to talk to INZ. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...at-will-happen

Thanks JandM,

What I'm thinking right now is that if they can't give me skills match report as there might be a lot of candidate that there is no need for them to go to WINZ and therefore not satisfying immigration requirement for me to renew my visa then I won't push for it and might go for partnership.

with that as an option and I'm to go with partnership and most likely land into a interim visa until a decision can be made am I allowed to work or not?

Again, sorry for the bad news, but as you would be applying for a DIFFERENT sort of temporary work visa from the one you have now, then your interim visa would be like a visitor's visa and not allow you to work. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa-conditions

I'm glad to hear that at least you have the option of a partner-sponsored visa as an option. I seriously think that you should put the application in VERY soon, to keep from being illegal.