Thread: SMC residency visa processing times for Auckland central branch

Default SMC residency visa processing times for Auckland central branch

Hi all,

just curious to see if anyone has dealt with Auckland central branch with there SMC residency visa recently, if so what are your time frames? I know it says online it can take up to 3-9 months but i am curious to hear from first hand experience.

I sent my applications in yesterday and it arrived at there PO box address today (30/06/17) , no fee has been taken yet.

Many thanks !!

There are old threads that will come up if you do a search.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris webb View Post
    Hi all,

just curious to see if anyone has dealt with Auckland central branch with there SMC residency visa recently, if so what are your time frames? I know it says online it can take up to 3-9 months but i am curious to hear from first hand experience.

I sent my applications in yesterday and it arrived at there PO box address today (30/06/17) , no fee has been taken yet.

Many thanks !!
    Hi There,

I assume you mean from once you have responded to your ITA?? If so, it could be a while... my ITA was delivered and payment taken Feb 14th... today it went to the 2nd CO and I have been told that it could be another 2 months before that will be seen.. and then if all is in order a few weeks for stamping. It took exactly 4 months to get my original CO. Other additional info was required but luckily all my past employers/friends etc are awesome and got it back to her really quickly. I would assume that by the time I have the sticker (if all is ok with my 2nd CO) I will be looking at approx a year in total. Of course it will prob be different for yourself but this is my experience.

I think it really varies per case. I filed my ITA on October 17 and got my passport with sticker back on January 20 I believe. So three months total - all my paperwork was complete except I needed to have one of my police certificates translated somewhere at the end of the process. I don't think many people would have it processed faster than this.

Hi all,

Many thanks !!
    Hi Chris Webb,
    Mine took 7 months. 17 July (ITA lodged) to 17 February (Sticker). CO was allocated after 4 Months (17 Nov).

Thanks guys , any idea of how long it is till they take payment ?

It was received at there po box address on 30 June at 7.59am but no payment taken yet or any confirmation received .

Thanks guys , any idea of how long it is till they take payment ?

It was received at there po box address on 30 June at 7.59am but no payment taken yet or any confirmation received .
    Hi Chris. It should take approximately one day to two weeks' time. In my case, it took 8 working days.

Good luck! Cheers!

Thanks thereseacher.

Where are you up to in your process?