Thread: Travel conditions for secondary residence applicants

Default Travel conditions for secondary residence applicants

Hi - myself, my wife and our teenaged daughter have residence visas with travel conditions that expire in February 2018. We are currently in the UK.

I am travelling to NZ later this month so that I can log the 184 days required to add subsequent travel conditions to our visas once the current ones have expired.

My question is this: Do my wife and daughter have to be in New Zealand with me in order to have their travel conditions extended next February, or do they qualify simply because I am the principal applicant?

Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.

You qualify on behalf of everybody who was on your original application. https://onlineservices.immigration.g...nual/45650.htm

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    You qualify on behalf of everybody who was on your original application. https://onlineservices.immigration.g...nual/45650.htm
    But- doesn't the family at least have to activate their visas? Or is that a wrong assumption?

Quote Originally Posted by newarrival View Post
    But- doesn't the family at least have to activate their visas? Or is that a wrong assumption?
    Oh, YES, most definitely. I was assuming that the wife and daughter have travelled to NZ on their visas, had them scanned on arrival to activate them, and gone back, but you're right, that hasn't been mentioned.

Hi Danny
    Your family must have to get single entry once in NZ before your first travel condition expire. Then after they will simply qualify for any subsequent residence visa as you are the principal applicant. Then You will have to comply with all other condition to get permanent residence which your family doesn't necessary to do.