Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How long could i expect?

Question How long could i expect?

Hey guys my partner and I plan on Submitting her Application this year on November 20th with what we think will be a strong bit of Information. She will Submit it at the Office in Cebu and the expected time for it to be done is 25 working days. Given the Visa is accepted we hope to leave by January 10th 2018, However, how long would it take for her passport to be stamped or what ever they would give her to come back here? o.O

Thank you Anyone with pass experience feel free to help

And what would be given in terms of being granted access to the Country? A Document?

Application for which visa?

Hi JandM the Visa we are applying for is Partner of New Zealander Work Visa

Uhm.... Also this just came to mind... Seeing as we will be marrying this year, Her passport has her last name however she will be changing her last name to mine, Would she need to get a new passport with my last name when we marry in order to enter the country? Or can she keep her current passport?

Hi there

A little while back, My Filipina partner and I applied for her partnership Visitor Visa at the Cebu Visa Office and had a good experience with them. We applied on 6 Jan 2016 with loads of evidence, and her visa was granted about 3 weeks later, no problems.

Not sure if this applies to you, but after getting the NZ Visa in her Philippines Passport, she had to attend a NZ orientation seminar with the Commission on Filipinos Overseas in order to get a CFO clearance to leave Philippines. This was a requirement of the Filipino authorities because the purpose of her leaving the Philippines was to live overseas with a non-Filipino citizen. You would need to factor this into your timeframe if this applies to your situation

Sorry I wouldn't know what to suggest regarding the names in her travel document though.

Good luck with the application!

It's impossible to predict what INZ processing times will be by then. Any processing times 'expected', that is, mentioned on the INZ website, are not a promise, only what they hope for, and the best guess in the light of the recent averages when that mention was last updated. Since about last November, INZ has been struggling to cope with a wave of applications, and what WERE normal processing times have vanished into a huge backlog. I don't think you can realistically make travel plans for that soon after the application goes in. A lot of people applying in recent times (so that would be since TeeKay) haven't even had their case allocated to be processed within 25 days, still less got it decided.

Thank you JandM and TeeKay? How long was it before your partner was allowed to leave the Philippines then if you dont mind me asking? Did the Seminar only happen every so often or? o.O

Very true JandM, it's possible we applied at a time when applications weren't as high for temporary visas being processed in the Philippines branch, so we might have been lucky with our timeframe

From my understanding RougeKiwi, my partner was able to leave Philippines anytime after she had completed the seminar. After the seminar is done, she got a CFO clearance stamp in her passport which allowed her to clear their exit border control, as well as a certificate for completing the seminar. She did her seminar in Cebu. I can't recall how often the seminars are done in Cebu, but perhaps have a look at the CFO website and/or contact them for further information and dates. http://www.cfo.gov.ph/

We waited until my partners visitor visa was approved before booking in for the CFO seminar and sorting flights to NZ. Her NZ visa allowed her 3 months to enter NZ so that was plenty of time to arrange everything in our case

Hi TeeKay thank you for the Imformation Would it be Known as FILIPINO SPOUSES AND PARTNERS OF FOREIGN NATIONALS?

My partner's visa took 3 months. Just be careful with this tight schedule. Cheers

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast