Thread: Change of CO and new requirements

Default Change of CO and new requirements

I have been waiting since 1 year for NSC result. All this time my CO communicated that all the documents are complete and no further document is outstanding

today a new CO emailed me stating that now he has taken over my case and IELTS for my spouse is required as he is not considering my provided alternate docs for it.

My question is that can new CO over turn old CO's decision on my file. Because he always said he completed assessment and only interview and NSC is left.
    Can i ask for details on my file using access to information act?

Yes, the new CO can require other evidence of whatever kind if he feels it is necessary. Many other people have thought their case was completely finalized, and knew it had been sent to second-person checking, and then found that the 2pc official found one or two more areas where more checking and evidence was required.

I can understand your feeling rather disappointed that this should have happened, but do remember, the application for a visa is a request, and not like buying something where you have solid certainty that when you hand over x, you will receive y. INZ says jump, and the applicant says, 'How high?'