Thread: Advice required - Tricky situation with visa

Default Advice required - Tricky situation with visa

Hi Guys. I am in a sticky visa situation.

Came on a tourist visa, got offered a job with Company A and accepted it as a call centre team leader(skilled occupation), applied for Essential Skills Work Visa based on that in the end of May. I am currently waiting for my certificate of clearance to come through( INZ is waiting on that, everything else has been submitted)
    I do have some experience in cold calling, however it is not my expertise. (I know I am extremely lucky to have been offered a job even on a tourist visa, and I was running out of some time so I accepted it)

In the mean time, very recently, I was also offered another job as a recruitment consultant(skilled occupation) with an accredited employer - Company B , which is in my area of expertise. I could also get residency after 2 years of working with them.

I am extremely keen to take up the recruitment consultant role as that's where expertise lies in.

However, I am not sure if I should

1) Withdraw my current Essential Skills work visa with Company A, and apply for either Talent Work Visa or Essentials skills work visa with Company B.
    2) Wait for Essential Skills work visa with Company A to be approved first, and quit after some time and apply for another work visa with Company B.

What would be the risk? What would you do?

Thank you!!!

Are you on an interim visa at the moment? Or what visa?

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Are you on an interim visa at the moment? Or what visa?
    Hello, as of today onwards I am currently on interim visa. Thanks!

Then you can't apply for any other kind of visa for the time being. You'll have to wait till your present application has been decided.

Quote Originally Posted by redbells View Post
    Hello, as of today onwards I am currently on interim visa. Thanks!
    If you have a job offer from the accredited employer, then you may be able to advise INZ of a change of circumstances, and ask them to consider that offer (under work to residecne rules) , not the earlier offer.

Thank you JandM & ChrisMwn!