Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2nd CO time frames - Auckland branch

Default 2nd CO time frames - Auckland branch

Hi guys,
    I was wondering if anyone else out there has been informed that there case is currently with the 2nd officer at the Auckland branch.
    Mine has been with them only a week yet was wondering how long is currently the estimate. I have been told it should be processed within 2 months. But, what is you experience??

Also, is it common for an application to be denied once it has got to this stage.

Cheers guys!!

My 2pc took 1 day. Approved by CO on 1st July & got AIP letter on 03rd July.

Also, is it common for an application to be denied once it has got to this stage.
    EVERY decision, with approval OR refusal recommended by the CO, has to be second-person checked, so yes, there must be quite a lot of people who get told they have been refused. However, for one thing, not everyone applying for visas is a member of this forum, and for another, it quite often happens that someone who has been posting regularly while their case is being processed drops out of sight if they don't get their visa, so you don't see a lot of posts where this is mentioned.

Hello guys and good day. how did you know that your are now on the stage of a 2nd co . I'm keep keep on reading this word and i dont have a clue whta it is.. me and my partner already passed our ITA and our visa officer asked my partner the main applicant a nurse some documents and her manager they already passed it almost a month receievd by the visa officer. so how did you know that you are on the 2nd co stage? thanks who can anser my question.
    Last edited by smokie; 6th July 2017 at 10:45 PM. Reason: wrong word instead of word i put work

As I said above, when the CO who has been working a case has checked everything and has decided what outcome to recommend, the whole thing has to be checked by another CO (the second person check), looking for any errors or anything missing, and to guard against the possibility of corruption. This is the normal end of processing. The applicant is not usually deliberately told their case has gone for second person checking (2pc), but sometimes they get to know if their CO is in contact about something else and mentions it in passing, or if they phone the INZ hotline and get told it, if the telephone answerer sees in the records that that is where their file is at that time.

2pc only takes place when EVERYTHING else about the applicant and partner has been verified by the case-working CO, so it's usually months into the processing stage.

After it is checked on 2PC queue and If is everything ok, do the application get approved automatically or the original CO have to do other tasks?

If the second-person check finds all is well, it goes back to the original CO, who adds the applicant's name to lists for 1) online status to be altered to AIP, 2) the AIP letter or email to be sent out (which happens afterwards - sometimes weeks later) to tell the applicant what to do next and where to send their passport for the visa labels to be put in. Those tasks are done by clerks in separate departments.

If the 2pc official finds something wrong or missing, the file will be sent back to the original CO, and s/he then has to require the extra information, explanation or comments from the applicant, or sometimes from their employer. When the information required comes in, the case goes back again to the same 2pc official. This can be repeated until the 2pc official feels that the situation is now clear, one way or the other, then s/he will tell the CO what answer to give to the application.

thanks for the information mate!

Just an update guys! In the online log in of Immigration my partner the main applicant resident visa approved online. but we haven't heard from Immigration where we can send our passport. When we pass our ITA when they received the documents they returned our passport. I'm on my working visa it will expire this November 2017. Do I still need to reapply my working visa or wait to the official request of immigration where to send our passport for the resident visa?

Wait for your AIP letter or email, then send in your passport.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast