Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residency Approved Finally after 14 months

Smile Residency Approved Finally after 14 months

Finally, The day has come. It was a long journey took almost 14 months to get through. I would like to thank J&M and Chris for taking time out of their busy schedule and helping us. I applied my residency in April 2016 as an ICT customer support. My Case Officer was very very tough and it took me 14 months to convince him. During this 14 months the case revolves around employment verification & company sustainability as I work for a very small company.

My takeaways:

1. Never hesitate to contact your case officer via email or phone to get an update.
    2. Most of the Immigration consultants have very little knowledge, unskilled and they have no idea what they are doing. Do your own research & educate yourself before handing your application to an Immigration Consultant.
    3. Do not be scared or panic when you receive a call from your case officer. If you cannot talk or nervous simply say (This is not the right time to talk can I give you a call back) or ask for an appointment and give them a call.
    4. ICT Customer Support Level 1/ Tier 1 job role is not considered skilled anymore(that's what my CO said) and your chances of getting through are very low.
    5. Do not compare your timelines with other applicants. You'll end up being depressed & frustrated. Every case is different & sometimes it does take longer than your expectations but end of the day IT'S ALL WORTH.

Timeline:
    EOI Lodged: 13/04/16
    ITA Submitted: 26/04/16
    CO Allocated: 21/06/16: Asked for irds, pay slips etc & sent questionnaires to employer. Replied back in 2 days.
    Been in contact with CO since 21/06/16 (followed up every fortnight for an update)

Application Approved: 01/05/2017

Best of luck everyone and be patient.

Quote Originally Posted by jacked View Post
    Finally, The day has come. It was a long journey took almost 14 months to get through. I would like to thank J&M and Chris for taking time out of their busy schedule and helping us. I applied my residency in April 2016 as an ICT customer support. My Case Officer was very very tough and it took me 14 months to convince him. During this 14 months the case revolves around employment verification & company sustainability as I work for a very small company.

My takeaways:

1. Never hesitate to contact your case officer via email or phone to get an update.
    2. Most of the Immigration consultants have very little knowledge, unskilled and they have no idea what they are doing. Do your own research & educate yourself before handing your application to an Immigration Consultant.
    3. Do not be scared or panic when you receive a call from your case officer. If you cannot talk or nervous simply say (This is not the right time to talk can I give you a call back) or ask for an appointment and give them a call.
    4. ICT Customer Support Level 1/ Tier 1 job role is not considered skilled anymore(that's what my CO said) and your chances of getting through are very low.
    5. Do not compare your timelines with other applicants. You'll end up being depressed & frustrated. Every case is different & sometimes it does take longer than your expectations but end of the day IT'S ALL WORTH.

Timeline:
    CO Allocated: 21/06/16: Asked for irds, pay slips etc & sent questionnaires to employer. Replied back in 2 days.
    Been in contact with CO since 21/06/16 (followed up every fortnight for an update)

Hi there!

Heartiest congratulations!

Did your CO inform you any link or reference for point no. 4?

This is scary.

JandM, your opinion on this, please?

Quote Originally Posted by theresearcher View Post
    Hi there!

Heartiest congratulations!

Did your CO inform you any link or reference for point no. 4?

This is scary.
    I can found ICT customer support in INZ LTSSL
    http://skillshortages.immigration.go...pport-officer/

I found this occupation in ANZSCO UNIT GROUP 3131 ICT SUPPORT TECHNICIANS - Occupation 313112 ICT Customer Support Officer, it is ANZSCO Skill Level 2
    http://www.abs.gov.au/ausstats/abs@....8?opendocument
    Last edited by kne; 5th July 2017 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jacked View Post

My takeaways:

Timeline:

Big big congrats brother!!! All the waits and Frastractions have been now paid off.!
    Can you ask you a question, when you mentioned Company Sustanibility, are you saying your company is not making a lot of money and this is what had been holding up your application? Can I ask when were you asked for the company's financial and how many time has your Co asked for it?
    The reason why I asked is that I worked in a startup that has been making absolute no income so far as the company is still building things up and have no idea how long it will take.

jacked,

theresearcher, I agree with kne, that ICT customer support officer is on the List of Skilled Occupations and the LTSSL. http://skillshortages.immigration.go...upport-officer Therefore, it's very odd that the CO should have said differently. The Skills Shortage lists are reviewed every year, and jobs are added or removed depending on the state of the NZ job market, so it can happen that a career will disappear from them, but in this case, it seems not to have happened.

That's great! Thanks for your advice JandM. Fingers crossed! Cheers!

Congratulations!

thanks for the helpful information.

@thereaearcher

I had a round of interview just before decision and CO said he wants to make sure that my role is skilled and he asked me to show the evidence of simple to complex tasks I have performed and other complex projects I am involved in. When I asked why... he replied Immigration is going very strict on IT level 1 job roles and there is a fair chance of refusal if your role is typical level 1 support (for ex resetting passwords, helping people establishing internet connection, troubleshooting internet over phone, installing windows etc) . If you do only simple & general tasks, it will be very hard to get through.

@aaron

Our company was making lot of money. The delay happened because there were 2 companies involved. Head office is in Australia from where we generate business & support office in New Zealand. NZ office is like a back office from where we provide support to our clients based in Australia and NZ (mostly australian clients). So CO was kind of confused how things works & whats the co-relation between 2 companies because Aussie & NZ are locally registered different entities under single owner.

CO asked for the GST reports for NZ registered company. They can only ask for GST reports. This is very unlikely for a CO to ask companies financial activity or bank account statement as it is companies sensitive information and no owner would like to give it out.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast