Thread: Visa Labelling Time after AIP email

Question Visa Labelling Time after AIP email

Hello Everyone,

I have received the AIP email on 26 June for my SMC category residence application. Then on the second day, 27th, I dropped my passport at the Palmy INZ branch (I live in Palmy and the application was processed in Auckland Central).

It has been almost 2 weeks and I haven't heard anything yet. I understand the wait is actually not long as the aip letter says it can take up to two weeks.

Just wondering how long does this usually take? And do immigration acknowledge receiving the passport?

Any comment would be appreciated. Thanks.

With the backlogs at INZ at the moment, there have been queues for this service so several people have not had their passport back with the label for up to five weeks (though some have been quicker).

Thanks JandM

Hi Fraegsbhrd

Any update on your resident visa labelling?

I also mailed my passport last 11 July 2017 for resident visa labelling and still waiting. My branch is also Auckland Central Branch. I emailed my CO just to check if she received my passport but no response. Maybe the stickering is done by other person and not CO. Not sure if its centralized or done in one branch. The probable reason might be the changes INZ is going through... Manukau Area Office will be a residence visa processing office and the Auckland Central and Henderson Area Offices are for temporary visa applications. Palmerston Branch are for Student visa applications.

Maybe the stickering is done by other person and not CO.
    Yes, it's a completely different department, often in a different location.