Page 1 of 33 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Partner of expat Kiwi (outside NZ) - Residence - Timeline/Progress Share Thread

Thumbs up Partner of expat Kiwi (outside NZ) - Residence - Timeline/Progress Share Thread

I noticed there aren't many here who are applying for residence as partners of expat kiwi's. So wanted to start a thread where we can share timelines and progress updates.

Ours so far:
    Lodged: May 29th 2017 in Manukau (we're currently based in the US)
    As of July 9th, still awaiting CO.

Please share yours, whatever stage of the process your at, even if already approved so we can see how long the different stages took.

Cheers!

Hi,

We are also applying for residence based in the UK. Application was lodged on 29th June in Manukau, we are also awaiting a case officer.

The suspense is killing me

Yes I have searched and searched on here but I have seen no news about that . All residence experiences I see on here are mostly based on those who are already in New Zealand already maybe first by work visa , visitors visa etc and then apply for resident....
    My own questions are What's New Zealand Expatriate? Secondly, If I have never been to New Zealand and have been living with my wife who is a New Zealand citizen for more than 12months with solid proofs can I apply for resident straight away ? I have read from page 1 to page 135 and still reading.... and each page has about 10 or more experience and questions shared but I have not seen someone with offshore story... Please share

Hi.
    We applied for residency as partner of expat NZ citizen last june, just before INZ got inundated with applications. We made our application in London. The process took approx 8 weeks in total and was so simple and easy. We did not provide folders of proof of our partnership. We sent 2 copies of joint bank statements, 2 council tax bills and our marriage certificate. Maybe because we had been married 17 years INZ decided that did prove our relationship was genuine.
    The only contact we had with our CO was the initial introduction and then AIP.
    Good luck to you all but you really do not need to worry.

Onyiking, yes, you can apply for residency as long as you can prove your relationship stability for the last 12 months at least. Expatriate NZer is a NZ citizen who lives outside NZ, this doesn't really matter to your residency application unless you've lived together outside NZ for more than 5 years (then there is a box to tick, otherwise the application is the same). It doesn't matter that you haven't visited NZ either (neither has my partner, I am the NZ citizen and my partner and children have never been to NZ). Hope that helps.

Hi CliffordFamily! Good luck, the suspense is awful isn't it! Such a sense of limbo. Yours was lodged exactly 1 month after ours, so it will be interesting to follow each others progress.

shazzyd, thanks for sharing your experience, lucky you got in right before The Great Application Overabundance of 2017.

We think the only rough bit will be the NSC which I understand can take some time.

Hello! Good thread We are UK based, my Wife is an NZ Citizen and has been living in the UK over 15 years. We've been together 12 years and married for 10. We have 2 boys. We applied (without help!) on 28th April (posted) which arrived 8th May. Unfortunately I'd sent my "original" Birth Certificate which was not a "full" birth certificate :/ so I noticed on 19th May we had gone from "Pending" to "Failed Lodgements" - I rang the next morning and they said I could not send the correct Certificate, they had to send everything back from Auckland and we needed to add the Certificate and send it all back again - More to the point I did not get a posting notification from INZ (as I did later with a return of documents) and it all arrived literally an hour after we'd just left to go to the airport to Portugal for 10 days, which was really annoying. I rang DHL on the Monday we returned as they'd tried to deliver it 4 times without us knowing and I *just* managed to stop them returning to sender (back to Auckland again) which would have just about killed me :/ My wife collected it that morning and we re-sent it by Express Carrier on Tuesday 6th June and it arrived Friday 9th June. So we lost 5 weeks :/ which is really annoying as we are hoping to leave in mid-December and we have a house to sell!!! Amongst other things like buying a shipping container... We got our status updated on 21st June to say our Application was Lodged on 9th June (though I would say the first time it was looked at was 21st June). They also updated our Health Certificates as "received". We got a letter a few days later returning our documents and stuff with a letter saying we would get a Case Officer within ONE TO THREE MONTHS which is quite worrying. Needless to say we have heard nothing since. They've said they need to check / verify our documents / Police reports etc and I know they need to ask for an NZ Police Certificate for my Wife, which NZ Police say can take up to a Month. So I assume / hope that they applied for this around 21st June and so they should get that back soon. I'm unclear as to when they appoint a Case Officer, it is not really explained anywhere. Our application *should* be relatively straightforward as we meet all the criteria and have sent plenty of evidence of our relationship. Does anyone know how long it may take (fastest) once a CO is appointed? Is that just a case of looking at all the evidence that they are collecting / verifying at the moment (which I hope they are because that's what they said in the letter - and that once everything was verified we would get a CO appointed). My hope is that a CO will be appointed in the next week or two and after that if everything is as it should be with our evidence of relationship etc that it should maybe be a couple of weeks after that we get accepted (please God!). Your thoughts / advice / experiences on this would be really appreciated as like all of you it is a nervous / horrible / optimistic / terrified / LONG wait!!! Drew.

drewgoater, we were just assigned a CO (title is immigration officer, she said she was assigned our case for assessment, so I'm assuming this is our CO) yesterday (who introduced herself and asked for more documents/clarifications from us), it took almost exactly 6 weeks from lodgement. We also got the letter saying it will take 1-3 months. Apparently timelines are a bit unpredictable and waits are long at the moment because of an influx of applications.

That's good, you got CO for ur application :-)
    Me and my wife going to apply for same visa soon. Can you please share what more documents /clarifications she asked for,if u don't mind.

Page 1 of 33 123 ... LastLast