Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Residence visa to permanent resident visa

Default Residence visa to permanent resident visa

Heya all,
    I arrived in New Zealand in 2010, I got my residence visa in December 2015 which says I can entry the country multiple times with no visa expiry date but with a travel expire date condition of 12/dec 2017. I might have to go away on a voluntary job for a few months in October and since I lived in NZ for more than 184 days last year and this year I was wondering if I could apply for PR now before my travel conditions expires?? Please if anyone knows would be great to get this process out of the way.

Cheers:

Quote Originally Posted by bush.rat View Post
    Heya all,
    I arrived in New Zealand in 2010, I got my residence visa in December 2015 which says I can entry the country multiple times with no visa expiry date but with a travel expire date condition of 12/dec 2017. I might have to go away on a voluntary job for a few months in October and since I lived in NZ for more than 184 days last year and this year I was wondering if I could apply for PR now before my travel conditions expires?? Please if anyone knows would be great to get this process out of the way.

Cheers:
    see below
    https://onlineservices.immigration.g...nual/30505.htm

Note RV2.5b

No. INZ count BACKWARDS from the date of application to check the two 12-month periods.

Oh I see. Yes I have spent the last two 12 months prior the residence visa was granted in New Zealand, only been away from the country on holidays for less than a month which year. What do you say?

Oh I see. Yes I have spent the last two 12 months prior the residence visa was granted in New Zealand, only been away from the country on holidays for less than a month which year. What do you say?
    AsS per Instructions, application cannot be lodged until the 2nd anniversary date of residenc visa issue.

Cheers for all your answers.

Hey, is it possible to chAnge my travel conditions on this visa?!?

Hey, is it possible to chAnge my travel conditions on this visa?!?
    RV3.5 12-month variation of travel conditions

Principal applicants may be granted with travel conditions current for 12 months if:

they meet the requirements set out in either RV3.5.1 or RV3.5.5 below; and
    their first day in New Zealand as a resident (see R5.66.5(b)) was at least 12 months before the current application for a variation of travel conditions was made; and
    they continue to meet any conditions previously imposed under section 49(1) or section 50 of the Immigration Act 2009;
    unless RV3.1(d) applies.

RV3.5.1 Time spent in New Zealand

To meet the requirements regarding time spent in New Zealand, the principal applicant must have been in New Zealand as a resident for a total of 184 days or more in at least one of the two 12-month portions in the 24 months immediately preceding the date the application for a variation of travel conditions was made (ie, in at least one of the two 12-month portions, a period or periods that amount to 184 days or more).

I think, not until after you've been a resident for two years, although the wording of those regulations Chris has quoted is rather muddling. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...vel-conditions

You can apply for PR from outside NZ, if you will be somewhere where it won't matter if you don't have your passport with you for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I think, not until after you've been a resident for two years, although the wording of those regulations Chris has quoted is rather muddling. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...vel-conditions

You can apply for PR from outside NZ, if you will be somewhere where it won't matter if you don't have your passport with you for a while.
    their first day in New Zealand as a resident (see R5.66.5(b)) was at least 12 months before the current application for a variation of travel conditions was made; and
    they continue to meet any conditions previously imposed under section 49(1) or section 50 of the Immigration Act 2009;

or putting it another way, if you meet the requirements for PR in one of the years preceding the application, including not having held a RV for two years) but not both, you can be issued with a further 12 month visa.

Quite often used where a person is travelling at the time they might otherwise be eligible for a PRV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast