Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: SMC sending EOI on 18th July

Default SMC sending EOI on 18th July

Hi,

So me and my gf are going to apply with EOI online on July 18th because that's the day when we qualify to claim all our points. Is that not to late to be selected on 19th (apparently that's the last selection with old rules)? I mean will our application go in the pool before the selection? We want to click submit on 18th but I'm also not sure if there is a processing time for payment (we gonna pay with card) or something that may cause one day delay that can cause that our application won't be selected? It's so close it's scary...

If you can submit before 18th, why keep until the latest time? If you must be selected at this last selection before the SMC policy revises, don't take a risk to submit late, try to submit earlier, after you have been selected, you can still revise your application details information. Who knows there won't be any accident? Such as online system not available?

I don't know about any delay after you click "submit," as we haven't gotten that far yet - but you're right, July 19th will be the last selection date with the old rules! Also, keep in mind the time zone - at least for us in California, NZ is always tomorrow!

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...ategory-policy

Maybe you would be okay to submit a day early on the 17th, since all verification of your points would take place after the 19th?? Why do you only qualify on the 18th?

Quote Originally Posted by pinang View Post
    Hi,

So me and my gf are going to apply with EOI online on July 18th because that's the day when we qualify to claim all our points. Is that not to late to be selected on 19th (apparently that's the last selection with old rules)? I mean will our application go in the pool before the selection? We want to click submit on 18th but I'm also not sure if there is a processing time for payment (we gonna pay with card) or something that may cause one day delay that can cause that our application won't be selected? It's so close it's scary...
    Payment is taken immediately that you submit.

You can submit the EOI at any time up until 12.00pm NZ Time Wednesday 19 July.

Hi Chris,

My wife was diagnosed with a Medical condition for her last Dependent visitor visa application last year. Her visa was approved with ASH Conditions. She was asked to submit latest medical report from cardiologist for new application. We have now been invited to apply for residence. I would really appreciate your inputs on how we could put a strong case with the Medical Assessor.

Her condition is in the list of : May impose significant cost to NZ health ( Cardiac Valve Disease)

The cardiologist stated that her prognosis is excellent and the likelihood of Intervention surgery in the next 15-20 years is very less. Do you think this report will be sufficient or should we add more details when we submit report to MA.

Really appreciate your inputs on how we should go about.

Thanks,
    SK

Thanks for help Juniper and Chris!

Juniper, INZ told me I cannot apply for the points I do not have yet so I cannot claim points that I can get in the future just what I can claim at this moment (of application). Otherwise it can be perceived as providing false information. That's why I cannot apply earlier. Anyway online EOI is build the way it's not even allowing me to put dates ahead of today...

So frustrating! But it sounds like you can squeak into that July 19th window?

Quote Originally Posted by pinang View Post
    Thanks for help Juniper and Chris!

Juniper, INZ told me I cannot apply for the points I do not have yet so I cannot claim points that I can get in the future just what I can claim at this moment (of application). Otherwise it can be perceived as providing false information. That's why I cannot apply earlier. Anyway online EOI is build the way it's not even allowing me to put dates ahead of today...

Yeah, I hope it will work out...

Pinang, are you claiming points for 1 year skilled employment? Because in the EOI, the field for date of skilled employment only lets you select the month and year. So it seemed like the day is optional.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast