Thread: Does INZ take longer to make decision on applications based on ANZSCO 313112 job?

Default Does INZ take longer to make decision on applications based on ANZSCO 313112 job?

Kia ora folks!

Does an application with a job of Customer Support Officer i.e. ANZSCO 313112 take longer to assess than other applications?

Experts and fellow members, please share your experiences.

Thanks.

Last communication from C.O. exactly after submitting everything by me and my employer on 15/6/2017 (first contact: 15/5/2017)

No communication after that. I call every week to check updates. Today the IO from INZ said that my applications is still under assessment and generally residency applications are expected to complete within 6 to12 months from the date of lodgement. In my case it is 29/3/2017. Further, he said that what he can see the notes on my file that things are going normally as they are supposed to go. My only concern is my CO has never answered my calls when I called him 4 times and left voice messages. He must be very busy, I suppose but it worries when there is no communication from inz and I have to call to know the updates. For example my case was allotted to this CO before 10th May but when I happened to call INZ on 10th May, they told me about this. Recently, I sent an email to my CO and today after asking the IO, he told that my CO kept a note to inform me in case i call them that he has received my recent email and he has made a note in my file about it.

I am getting very worried and concerned though I am thinking in a positive and constructive manner and i am hoping for the best too. Fingers crossed. God is great!

Thanks for reading my concern.

theresearcher
    Last edited by theresearcher; 11th July 2017 at 10:56 PM.

There is nothing in particular about the job to make an application take longer.

You are asking too much of your CO to respond to general queries like, 'How is it going?' The COs' job is to focus on moving their cases through, so telling people 'now your case is doing this, now your case is doing that' is not part of it, as that time could be better spent doing something on another person's application which would get it one step nearer to granting their visa. This is why EVERYONE spends long periods of time with no contact from INZ. These times are when the CO doesn't need any more information, and hasn't any news of a result to give. It is not possible for an applicant to follow every step of the processing of their case, and you can't expect a business-type relationship with the CO, such as acknowledging or replying to every email or call from you. This is especially so when your communications are 'empty', i.e. you're only meaning, 'I'm here, waiting. Tell me something.' The CO's job is to contact you WHEN there is something to tell, not otherwise.

Hello JandM. Thanks for your reply. Now I understand about what might be happening and the legitimate reason behind it. Feeling better as an expert has answered my concern. Hoping for the best as I said before.

Kind regards,
    theresearcher

mine has been 10 months already, hope I get result before 1 year.

Quote Originally Posted by ratthadinho View Post
    mine has been 10 months already, hope I get result before 1 year.
    I can feel what is currently going in your heart. Good luck. I am sure our patience will result in positive outcome for us.

Amen.

theresearcher

Who do you work for The Researcher? Good luck. I was declined under the same ANZSCO code. Best of luck,

Quote Originally Posted by jstonley View Post
    Who do you work for The Researcher? Good luck. I was declined under the same ANZSCO code. Best of luck,
    Sorry to know this jstonley. I work with one of the well-known academic institutions in New Zealand. If possible, may I know what reason(s) was/were given to you for declining your application?