Thread: Changing points after getting ITA

Default Changing points after getting ITA

Hi there,

I am in skilled employment in NZ and have submitted my EOI couple of weeks ago with 160 points and just received an ITA.

When I submitted the EOI, I did not claim any points for my wife’s qualification because her IELTS had been expired. But she has just received a new IELTS with required score (6.5).

Actually I have claimed 20 points in my EOI for my previous experiences in my country so to gain these points I need to prove that these experiences are relevant to my skilled current job in NZ. I have prepared required explanation and documents but it looks a little bit tricky for one of my position.

Just I want to know if there is any chance to change some of the claimed points (for previous experience) with the points for my wife’s qualification at this stage (total points will not be changed).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi, Mason!

Congratulations for receiving your ITA!

Have you printed out the application form? There's a page there where you can include all the amendments in your application. You can utilize that form to declare the IELTS test result of your wife. As for the previous experience, immigration would usually ask for documents such as certificate of employment, tax certificates for proof.

Quote Originally Posted by s.Mason View Post
    Hi there,

I am in skilled employment in NZ and have submitted my EOI couple of weeks ago with 160 points and just received an ITA.

When I submitted the EOI, I did not claim any points for my wife’s qualification because her IELTS had been expired. But she has just received a new IELTS with required score (6.5).

Actually I have claimed 20 points in my EOI for my previous experiences in my country so to gain these points I need to prove that these experiences are relevant to my skilled current job in NZ. I have prepared required explanation and documents but it looks a little bit tricky for one of my position.

Just I want to know if there is any chance to change some of the claimed points (for previous experience) with the points for my wife’s qualification at this stage (total points will not be changed).

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi Cydania
    Many thanks for your reply.

Actually I have seen that page before but I think this page is for a minor change and changinig 20 points is not a minor one. Is not it?

In addition, I really want to know if the mentioned change in this stage can makes my application process conplicated or if CO reject my application because of that or not.

That page is for ANY changes at all. You can just add your wife's IELTS score. As for the work experience, if INZ don't accept it, those points will simply be disallowed, but with your wife's points, that won't take you below the threshold.

Thank you so much JandM. It is clear now.