Thread: Moving to NZ shortly

Default Moving to NZ shortly

Are there any obvious things that we should ship because they are much cheaper?

Every thing!!!!!
    We moved from the US and wish we had brought more outdoor and garden tools, buy next season clothes and shoes where you can for kids. I believe electric items are compatible so bring what you can. We found thing like TVs washers dryers pretty cheap but because we had different voltage couldn't bring them over.
    I guess the take home message is bring as much as you can but also realise NZ is much more expensive and eventually you stop comparing and pay the local prices..

Hi

Don't forget to bring Sport gear, if you are into sports. I found any sports gear is expensive here in NZ. I don't know which Sports are you into.

As much as you can fit in the container. Just make sure everything is cleaned with Jayz (not sure if spelt correctly) fluid. It stunk the house out but all golf clubs and walking stuff passed. We bought washing machine, dryer TV we just use a RCD extension to NZ pin. All good. You can get reasonably prices stuff here, sports stuff is expensive we still order clothes from Sports Direct hahaha.

I brought everything and regret bringing so much furniture. At least here in Marlborough, antiques and vintage are cheap, relatively speaking, and good quality. It took three months for my container to arrive. Would have been much better off buying tables, chairs, bureaus, desk, etc. over here ...and having them right away. . Mattresses are expensive, so bring the beds. I agree with others about tools, kitchen ware, etc. I kick myself for not bringing my old ute (1990 Chevy v8).
    If you've like me and like quality old stuff, spend some time on Trademe to see what's around in your area before making decisions.