Thread: Partner of a workers work visa

Default Partner of a workers work visa

Hi everyone,
    Currently both myself and my wife are on the post-study work visa where I was the principle applicant. My wife recently received an offer from a contact center as a call center agent. It is a permanent position and they are willing to help to extend her work visa from next year June.

1) Can she apply for an extension on her work visa through the call center job offer as it is not a skilled job.?

2) Can she include me in her future work visa application as the partner.?

Thanks

If it's not a skilled job, she is highly unlikely to be granted a visa because of it. See here https://www.immigration.govt.nz/empl...al-skills-visa for what employers have to show before they can recruit a foreigner and sponsor them for a visa.

If she had a skilled job and was granted a visa, she would be able to sponsor you for a partner-sponsored work visa for the same length of time. But it entirely depends on one partner getting the offer of a job that qualifies them for a visa.

Thanks JandM for the information. We just checked the skill level of her job and found out it to be "Skill level 4" which is seems to be a low skilled occupation.
    Apparently, we should have a contingency plan if it won't work out as our expectations.
    Thanks again