Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cost of immigration?

Default Cost of immigration?

Excluding the cost of the flight and shipping personal belongings, how much does the immigration process through a skilled migrant visa roughly cost?

While you are waiting for some more recent replies, this old thread may be of interest. https://www.enz.org/forum/showthread.php?t=42776

Medical Test...
    IELTS...
    Police Check...
    Revalidate Certificate, Bachelor or Master degree...
    Visa...
    Translations...
    Shiping Applications...

More or less... $6000 for a family of two and only one of us revalidate the bachelor and Master degree

Wow, that's a lot. Is that $NZ ?

Yes $NZ... but it is not that much when you comparer same process with Australia where only the visa price is higher, and it is for the Residence class visa - Skilled Migrant Category!

You could save money in translations (maybe your documents are in English)... the police certificate (maybe you only need one)... and maybe you don't need the ielts (you live in a country where English is the official language)... if all this is true, the process will cost around $NZ 4000...

Thanks. I am in an English speaking country so that will help. Is it usually the same cost for young children or babies?

FYR, these are the cost of my application in NZD, included 2 aduits and 2 children

IELTS exam fee $338 x 2 = $676 (me and my wife)
    NZQA - PAR $138 x 2 = $276 (this step should be skip! should do IQA directly)
    Online EOI submission $530
    NZQA - IQA $746 x 2 = $1492, one fast track $404, totally $1896
    Make certified copies for ITA documents $438
    Police no criminal cert $21 x 2 = $42
    Medical Examination (2 aduits, 2 children) total $1291
    Paper SMC application submission (ITA) $3085
    send international courier to INZ $53, to NZQA $53, totally $106

Grand total until now $8334
    Last edited by kne; 18th July 2017 at 07:12 PM.

In 2012 Mine were around NZD5500 for a single person, skilled migrant with job offer. My PhD was automatically accepted (my uni is "on the list") so no NZQ assessment required. Work paid for the relocation, but only for the "work to residence" fees--since I wanted to go directly to residence it cost me around NZD2500 out of pocket. In Canada notaries charge--sometimes a lot--so that was a few hundred dollars. Ditto courier costs for sending things all the way from Vancouver to the UK (and back) for processing and blue stickering.

Totally worth it, by the way

Ours also costed around $5500! That is for two people in Canada. Notaries charges did add up when we had to notarized passports, birth certificates, degree certificates, marriage certificates, various documents confirming job experiences. Didn't help when one of us had to get three police certificates from three different countries!

We are planning to save a little money by only having one of us go through NZQA. The points we would get for a partner's qualification would not make or break our SMC application, and it's a significant expense.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast