Thread: Last EOI submission with verbal job offer

Default Last EOI submission with verbal job offer

Hi there,

As known, the last skilled migration category EOI selection date with current policy will be occurred tomorrow 19 July.
    I would like to submit my application. However, there are some issues that I am not quite clear.
    I appreciate if any one can answer or know a similar situation.

I have been offered a position as test engineer - but the thing is the written offer is still being processed.
    If the verbal offer is valid, it means that I will have total points of 175 (including long term skill shortage and future grow area, and associating with local level 8 education in IT,if I am not wrong).
    However, if the verbal offer is invalid, I am under 160 points.

So, the question is, can I submit EOI with verbal job offer (and the written offer will be given probably end of this week or early next week). I understand it is quite odd situation, because I have just gotten the job recently.
    Thank you so much for your help and answer.
    Last edited by OHoney; 18th July 2017 at 11:50 AM.

You will need to provide info as per the current situation and not as per future dated events. This is because you will need to enter start date of your employment as part of your EOI.

I have also come across unconfirmed news that the new SMC policy will be implemented from end of August instead of August 16, so in all likelihood the last date for SMC as per old policy will go beyond July 19.

Once you have your written offer ready, you can then submit your EOI with 175 points. Assuming it will be selected, you will then receive an ITA and can later submit the written offer as part of your ITA submission.

JandM and other experienced members, correct me if I am wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Famed View Post
    You will need to provide info as per the current situation and not as per future dated events. This is because you will need to enter start date of your employment as part of your EOI.

I have also come across unconfirmed news that the new SMC policy will be implemented from end of August instead of August 16, so in all likelihood the last date for SMC as per old policy will go beyond July 19.

Once you have your written offer ready, you can then submit your EOI with 175 points. Assuming it will be selected, you will then receive an ITA and can later submit the written offer as part of your ITA submission.

JandM and other experienced members, correct me if I am wrong?
    WRONG

There is a definite statement that tomorrow is the last selection under the current rules.

As per my other post INZ have advised implementation of new rules is delayed beyond 16 August to a date yet to be confirmed.

If OHoney has a confirmed offer of employment, and the information he is providing in the EOI is not false or misleading then he can record the relevant details in the EOI. It does not need to be in writing.
    (just like not having a birth certificate in hand)

Thank you, Famed and ChrisMwn.
    Yes, I have been confirmed to offer the position, but it is just that the written offer is being processed now.
    The commencement will be on 1st August with agreed salary as discussed with my new manager previously, but I think there will be small changes (eg, 1 or 2 days difference of the commencement date, and salary will have small digits changed). So, I can still amend them once I got the written offer, right? Will this be considered false or misleading?
    Thanks again for your help.

So long as you are entering what you honestly believe to be the information regarding the job offer, it cant be false.

This situation cannot be compared to not having birth certificate in hand. Even if you do not have a birth certificate, you have to enter your birth certificate number at the time of EOI.

He has received a verbal offer, the EOI asks for start date of employment and he cannot include a future start date of employment as part of EOI.

At this rate everyone would have submitted EOI as a skilled SMC with a verbal offer and future employment start date.

Quote Originally Posted by Famed View Post
    This situation cannot be compared to not having birth certificate in hand. Even if you do not have a birth certificate, you have to enter your birth certificate number at the time of EOI.

He has received a verbal offer, the EOI asks for start date of employment and he cannot include a future start date of employment as part of EOI.

At this rate everyone would have submitted EOI as a skilled SMC with a verbal offer and future employment start date.
    "isn't that interesting"

Since when has birth certificate (number) information been mandatory for an EOI? (or tax numbers or drivers licences????)

SM7.5 Points for skilled employment

A principal applicant's current skilled employment in New Zealand for a period of at least twelve months qualifies for sixty points.
    A principal applicant's:
    offer of skilled employment in New Zealand; or
    current skilled employment in New Zealand for a period of less than twelve months,
    qualifies for fifty points.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 18th July 2017 at 03:41 PM.

"As per my other post INZ have advised implementation of new rules is delayed beyond 16 August to a date yet to be confirmed."

That date is end of August 2017 for now.

ChrisMwn is referring to the INZ notification which he has received because he is an LIA. "Implementation of the revised Skilled Migrant Category has now been moved from 14 August to the end of August 2017. We will advise you of the specific date of implementation as soon as this is confirmed." So yes, the end of August has been mentioned, but not which particular date at the end of August.

Yes, that's right, JandM. Thank you for the clarification