Thread: Some advice please

Default Some advice please

Hi first time ive made a post please bear with me.
    I met my partner about 18 months ago through my cousin.She is from ireland im a kiwi.She has a 5 year work visa that is tied to her job in auckland.im in christchurch.We are serious about the relationship and want to start our future together.For the last 18 months we have been flying up and down the country.She would like to move down here and would have by now but the visa is tied to the job.I have a son here and allso a business so my moving up there for any extended period of time is not really an option.We have written all this in more detail explaining everything along with all the other supporting evidence we can gather in the hopes of her being able to get a partnership work visa and be able to come to chch and live and work and hopfully be able to apply for residency.Any advice appreciated
    Thanks

Hello.

You are facing the same situation as many couples. INZ will not act on anyone's statement of future intentions. For INZ, the definition of partnership IS living together. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...on/partnership

Because visas based on partnership do not require evidence of qualifications or work experience, they are seen as 'easier' by crooks wanting to get people to lie for them, and are therefore often used for attempted fraud. This means that all partnership evidence is VERY closely examined by INZ. You know you are decent, genuine people, but INZ don't know you at all, so you get investigated in case you are crooks.

We know from experience that INZ take seriously applications for partner-sponsored work visas with two - three months' GOOD evidence of living together. See here for old threads with discussion of and examples of suitable evidence. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

I know this does not fit in with your present situation(s). But INZ require anyone wanting a visa to fit in with the existing regulations - they don't adapt. Probably the only way forward is for one of you to re-locate. For instance, if your partner can get the offer of a similar job in Christchurch, then she could apply for a new work visa. Once she moved in with you, then you would be in a position to start getting evidence. It's only after that that INZ would consider an application for a visa on the basis of your partnership.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Hello.

You are facing the same situation as many couples. INZ will not act on anyone's statement of future intentions. For INZ, the definition of partnership IS living together. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...on/partnership

Because visas based on partnership do not require evidence of qualifications or work experience, they are seen as 'easier' by crooks wanting to get people to lie for them, and are therefore often used for attempted fraud. This means that all partnership evidence is VERY closely examined by INZ. You know you are decent, genuine people, but INZ don't know you at all, so you get investigated in case you are crooks.

We know from experience that INZ take seriously applications for partner-sponsored work visas with two - three months' GOOD evidence of living together. See here for old threads with discussion of and examples of suitable evidence. https://www.google.co.uk/#q=site:enz...tnership+proof

I know this does not fit in with your present situation(s). But INZ require anyone wanting a visa to fit in with the existing regulations - they don't adapt. Probably the only way forward is for one of you to re-locate. For instance, if your partner can get the offer of a similar job in Christchurch, then she could apply for a new work visa. Once she moved in with you, then you would be in a position to start getting evidence. It's only after that that INZ would consider an application for a visa on the basis of your partnership.
    Thankyou jandm.Allthough we have allready submitted her application do you think it may be a wise move for me to get up there asap for a couple of months or so and expect the application to be declined but while we are waiting for that collect evodence of living together in the mean time.We have a joint tennancy agreement with the start date a little over a month ago as we found it easyer to get a place for her up there because she had to move out of where she was and the rent payments come out of our joint bank ac
    Thankyou again

Any evidence of living together would be a step in the right direction.

Thanks for your help.I think they have started the process allready but it sounds like they will be declining it so looks like im off to auckland for a few months