Thread: Resident Visa Travel Expiry Date for my Family

Default Resident Visa Travel Expiry Date for my Family

I have received my resident visa last week and had the resident visa label on my passport that indicated the travel period expiry date 2 years from the day they approved my resident visa, i.e. 12 Jul 2017. I am working at the moment in NZ. My husband and children are still in home country and they have not sent in their passport for the resident visa labeling. My 2 children are moving to NZ in November 2017. My husband is moving to NZ in February 2018. My questions are:

1) When should they need to get their resident visa label on their passports? upon arrival to NZ or send into INZ before they leave home country?

2) Will they have a different travel expiry date than me?

were they included in original application?

Quote Originally Posted by libiejia View Post
    I have received my resident visa last week and had the resident visa label on my passport that indicated the travel period expiry date 2 years from the day they approved my resident visa, i.e. 12 Jul 2017. I am working at the moment in NZ. My husband and children are still in home country and they have not sent in their passport for the resident visa labeling. My 2 children are moving to NZ in November 2017. My husband is moving to NZ in February 2018. My questions are:

1) When should they need to get their resident visa label on their passports? upon arrival to NZ or send into INZ before they leave home country?

Quote Originally Posted by libiejia View Post

Their visas, (when issued) will expire on the same date as your, 12 July 2019.
    They must though provide their passports within 6 months of the original approval in principle for the application having been issued.

if there are from a visa waiver country, they could travel without having the visas issued, but would need outward tickets.

it probably simplest if their passports were sent to you, and you sent the passports to the branch where you application was considered.

Yes they are.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Their visas, (when issued) will expire on the same date as your, 12 July 2019.
    They must though provide their passports within 6 months of the original approval in principle for the application having been issued.

if there are from a visa waiver country, they could travel without having the visas issued, but would need outward tickets.

it probably simplest if their passports were sent to you, and you sent the passports to the branch where you application was considered.
    Thanks, Chris.