Thread: Whatsapp Chat History - How to Extract

Default Whatsapp Chat History - How to Extract

Hi, Can somebody tell me how to exact Whatsapp chat history to a suitable format which can be presented to Immigration New Zealand?

Thanks

As I remember when you export the Whatsapp chat history, it is a text file, I think you can just print the last year chat history directly.

Just to remind you, WhatsApp history should be used when you "have lived apart":
    Internet chat records, emails/letters or phone records to show you have kept in touch during any periods in the past 12 months if you have lived apart

If you are not lived apart, I think you are better to choose other documents.

Hey Glamour,

You can log on to Whatsapp on desktop and either take screen shots of it or download text file - I sent a few pages of Whatsapp evidence even though we hadn't lived apart.
    My lawyer said daily tasks are good to include like 'Hey, what do you want for dinner?' 'I'm just heading to the supermarket, do you want anything?' conversations relevant to immigration and showing you are living together.

Quote Originally Posted by glamour View Post
    Hi, Can somebody tell me how to exact Whatsapp chat history to a suitable format which can be presented to Immigration New Zealand?

Thanks
    Hi

When you click on the upper right side, there is an option of more and in more u get an email chat option. From there you can get the chat on your email and it will come in word file.
    You can choose from with or without media.

Hope it will help.

Quote Originally Posted by kne View Post
    As I remember when you export the Whatsapp chat history, it is a text file, I think you can just print the last year chat history directly.

Just to remind you, WhatsApp history should be used when you "have lived apart":
    Internet chat records, emails/letters or phone records to show you have kept in touch during any periods in the past 12 months if you have lived apart

If you are not lived apart, I think you are better to choose other documents.

It's still useful. Used mine as evidence of making decisions together... even deciding who's gonna cook tonight or do the dishes tomorrow is part of a genuine relationship!

Or that time when we bought an Xbox off an FB seller... or that time when we decided we aren't going to flat anymore (get our own rented house)

This is a tech forum now?

Don't see a problem, if it helps!

i and my wife just submitted our application lastweek . i had our whatsapp chats of us telling each other what to do at home , where to wait for each other(meet) after our days job so we could go home together , i had them all screenshotted and my wife merged them with powerpoint and i highlighted the dates with a light marker . i hope this helps because the merging made it easy for us to show large history of chats on 1 page .
    Last edited by onyiking; 8th August 2017 at 11:15 AM.