Thread: Suggestions please

Default Suggestions please

Hi Jand M and other fellow ppl

Just a quick question , one of my friends wife is preganant at the moment and they are on essential skills work visa for an year and it expires in February 2018 and the due date is in October and they also applied for residency but unfortunately the residency application was rejected and now they are confused whether we can claim the delivery chargers or do we have to pay on our own?? If we are not eligible then my another one is if we get same essentials skills visa instead of one year if we get it for 2 years then can we claim the delivery charges ?? Please do respond asap as we are stuck

http://www.health.govt.nz/new-zealan...-years-or-more
    You will need to show your health service provider your valid passport endorsed (stamped) with a current work visa (or work permit), that:

entitles you to remain in New Zealand for a period that equals or exceeds two years (work visas start on the person’s first day in New Zealand) OR
    entitles you to remain in New Zealand for a specified period of time which, together with the period of time you have already been lawfully in New Zealand (ie. on other visas/permits), allows for a total continuous stay of at least two years.

Note: Time spent lawfully in New Zealand immediately prior to the current work visa/permit counts towards the two years (ie. on a visitor or student visa/permit or another work visa/permit).

Except for maternity services, partners of people eligible for publicly funded health and disability services must themselves meet the eligibility criteria.

Thank u so much for your reply, so they have stayed in newzealand with valid JobSearch visa and now on essential skills visa so it's more than 2 years. So it means that they are eligible right I'm little confused as being on student visa for a year, JobSearch for a year n now essential skills for a year.so it's more than 2 and half years. Please do let me know

That's correct. As long as their time ALREADY in NZ on valid visas, added to the time they are allowed to be in NZ on the present visa, comes to at least two years, they are entitled to use the NZ health service.