Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ITA SMC application ready to send off...quick Q

Default ITA SMC application ready to send off...quick Q

Hi there,

We are nearly ready to send off our SMC residency visa application in the post. We have a plastic wallet containing all our evidence, including original birth certificates, and our passports. I am slightly nervous about sending it off in the post, but I assume this is what everyone does? I've had a read through our checklist and the info that was sent to us, but can't see anything where it says how soon they will return our original documents. And also, what is the best way to actually post such an important package! I'm not familiar with NZ post, so would be keen to hear what other people did with this bit.

Did you slip in a piece of paper with the application requesting that the original documents be sent back by post, and if so do we need to include and envelope with our address on it? Doesn't mention this where I have looked, so just wanted to double check.

Many thanks for any help. Nearly there!!

Hi em720, I'm offshore just ready to submit under SMC. Will be sending all documents via registered post to NZ. I already have IQA assessment sent and received all original docs bar passport which was copied and signed by a Justice of the Peace with no problems. I will send another signed copy of my passport for the ITA submission again as I'm offshore. I've checked with this with Henderson branch in NZ and will have to send passport on when they request it.

Hope this helps a little.

Quote Originally Posted by em720 View Post
    Hi there,

We are nearly ready to send off our SMC residency visa application in the post. We have a plastic wallet containing all our evidence, including original birth certificates, and our passports. I am slightly nervous about sending it off in the post, but I assume this is what everyone does? I've had a read through our checklist and the info that was sent to us, but can't see anything where it says how soon they will return our original documents. And also, what is the best way to actually post such an important package! I'm not familiar with NZ post, so would be keen to hear what other people did with this bit.

Did you slip in a piece of paper with the application requesting that the original documents be sent back by post, and if so do we need to include and envelope with our address on it? Doesn't mention this where I have looked, so just wanted to double check.

Many thanks for any help. Nearly there!!
    Hi !

I used NZ Parcel post tracked to send all our Original documents. They received our documents on July 12th and sent them back to us on July 22nd. In the Application tick "By mail" for "How do you want your documents returned to you? " and they return the documents.

I sent all my originals and passports using courier service. All came back ok, so don't worry. As for how long the originals will be returned, I guess there's no fix time frame. I got back mine quite fast.

Hi there
    I walked my documents into the Hamilton location and dropped them in the reception drop box. I included a sheet that said I would like them to notify me when to pick them up, and indicated which documents I was expecting returned. They moved my case to Auckland and my originals were posted back to me only a week after I lodged.

If I had posted them I would have tried to use mail tracking (like courier) and have included a self addressed and stamped envelope along with a sheet explaining which documents I wanted returned. It seems they're likely to mail them to you without a selfaddressed and stamped envelope but I would do it to be diligent.

Quote Originally Posted by sai-khanapur View Post
    Hi !

I used NZ Parcel post tracked to send all our Original documents. They received our documents on July 12th and sent them back to us on July 22nd. In the Application tick "By mail" for "How do you want your documents returned to you? " and they return the documents.
    Thank you very much sai-khanapur - I'll make sure to tick that boxing my application!

Quote Originally Posted by NtotheG View Post
    Hi em720, I'm offshore just ready to submit under SMC. Will be sending all documents via registered post to NZ. I already have IQA assessment sent and received all original docs bar passport which was copied and signed by a Justice of the Peace with no problems. I will send another signed copy of my passport for the ITA submission again as I'm offshore. I've checked with this with Henderson branch in NZ and will have to send passport on when they request it.

Hope this helps a little.
    Hi NtotheG - thanks for the reply. I have certified copies, so may send them instead too. Best of luck with your application too.

Quote Originally Posted by Debbielp15 View Post
    I sent all my originals and passports using courier service. All came back ok, so don't worry. As for how long the originals will be returned, I guess there's no fix time frame. I got back mine quite fast.
    Debbielp15 useful to know, thank you. glad you got yours back fast, I hope we are the same!

Quote Originally Posted by arisanna View Post
    Hi there
    I walked my documents into the Hamilton location and dropped them in the reception drop box. I included a sheet that said I would like them to notify me when to pick them up, and indicated which documents I was expecting returned. They moved my case to Auckland and my originals were posted back to me only a week after I lodged.

If I had posted them I would have tried to use mail tracking (like courier) and have included a self addressed and stamped envelope along with a sheet explaining which documents I wanted returned. It seems they're likely to mail them to you without a selfaddressed and stamped envelope but I would do it to be diligent.
    Hi arisanna,

That's a very good idea - I'll include a sheet too with an explanation, and a stamped and addressed envelope, just incase. Cheers.

thanks all for the responses

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast