Thread: Talent Accredited work visa

Question Talent Accredited work visa

Hello People,

Thanks for allowing me to post this again.

I have a small query regarding the talent (accredited employer) work visa before I do an application by the October. I am currently on a post study open work visa, working in a company where they have accepted to support my visa application with a talent accredited work visa for a civil engineer position. While I have gained the qualification overseas, I did the NZQA assessment and outcome was a Level 7 Bachelor's Degree. I still have a couple of queries that I want to get off my head before it opens my head up.

1) For the talent accredited work visa, Do we need to have a $55,000 per year salary or is it only if I go for a talent (accredited employer) resident visa 2 years after I am on a talent accredited work visa?

2) Since I am a civil engineer, I have barely got 1 year experience overseas(not comparable to nz labor market), Do they still require a registration for a civil engineer during my visa process?

Expecting your views and answers from experience.

Thanks,

Can someone give their responses or opinions please?

Quote Originally Posted by syedjafferahmed View Post
    Can someone give their responses or opinions please?
    For a Talent Visa, you need only meet health and character requirements.
    There is no requirement for registration, if the employer is employing you in a role for which it is not required. (e.g, non registered engineer)

The $55K salary is required for the initial work visa.

WR1.5 Who is eligible for a work visa under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions?

To be granted a visa under the Talent (Accredited Employers) Work Instructions applicants must:
    hold an offer of employment in New Zealand from an accredited employer; and
    be aged 55 years or under; and
    meet the health and character requirements for Residence set out at A4 and A5.15 to A5.25; and
    meet the requirements for bona fide applicants as set out at E5; and
    meet the requirements for lodging an application as set out in WR1.30.
    Work visas granted to applicants under these instructions will be subject to the condition that the applicant may undertake employment for an accredited employer only.
    During the currency of the work visa granted the applicant may seek a variation of conditions to change employers in line with E3.26.1(c) and (d).

WR1.10 Requirements for offers of employment

Offers of employment from accredited employers must be:

for employment in New Zealand in the accredited employer's core area of business activity and where the accredited employer will have direct responsibility for their work output; and
    for a period of at least 24 months; and
    for full-time employment, (that is it amounts to, on average, at least 30 hours per week); and
    current at the time of assessing the application and at the time of grant of the visa; and
    genuine; and
    for a position with a minimum base salary of NZ$55,000 per annum; and
    accompanied by evidence of full or provisional registration, or eligibility for such registration, if full or provisional registration is required by law to take up the offer; and
    compliant with all relevant employment law in force in New Zealand; and
    with an employer who has a history of compliance with employment law and who is not included on a list of non-compliant employers maintained by the Labour Inspectorate(see W2.10.15 and Appendix 10).

Hey Chris,

Thank you so much for the reply.

Your answer was crystal clear. However with your statement "for a position with a minimum base salary of NZ$55,000 per annum; and
    accompanied by evidence of full or provisional registration, or eligibility for such registration, if full or provisional registration is required by law to take up the offer; and" does it mean that I should provide or show them an evidence as well from IPENZ or can I still apply without that (eg: as a non registered engineer)?

I was so clear until I read that statement. Please advise me on the same.

Appreciate your time taken to reply.

Quote Originally Posted by syedjafferahmed View Post
    Hey Chris,

Thank you so much for the reply.

Your answer was crystal clear. However with your statement "for a position with a minimum base salary of NZ$55,000 per annum; and
    accompanied by evidence of full or provisional registration, or eligibility for such registration, if full or provisional registration is required by law to take up the offer; and" does it mean that I should provide or show them an evidence as well from IPENZ or can I still apply without that (eg: as a non registered engineer)?

I was so clear until I read that statement. Please advise me on the same.

Appreciate your time taken to reply.
    If your job offer is for one which registration is required ( as a non registered engineer (or perhaps assistant engineer") then you wont need registration.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    If your job offer is for one which registration is required ( as a non registered engineer (or perhaps assistant engineer") then you wont need registration.
    I am a Hydraulic Engineer (Junior position) and under the ANZSCO skilled occupations, it falls under a Civil Engineer. Can it be under an assistant or a non registered engineer? Ofcourse I work under a manager who oversees