Thread: ICT System Test Engineer is not LTSSL? My EOI status changed from Selected to Submitted, Please help!

Default ICT System Test Engineer is not LTSSL? My EOI status changed from Selected to Submitted, Please help!

Hi All,

I have submitted my EOI before on 18 July, and since then, the status was 'Submitted' and then 'Selected'. but I just checked today, the status of EOI changed back to 'Submitted'.
    And I got the replied email with statement said I am not qualified as LTSSL.

I have been offered a position as test engineer, and I have postgrad diploma in IT, major in IT management. Both my position and certificate are listed in long-term-skill-shortage-list. Should my position and my certificate be qualified as LTSSL?

Can I appeal my case by replying the email? or where is the proper channel to appeal?
    Please help, thank you so much.

Hi OHoney,

I have a similar experience as you. If your EOI rejected and the reason given is refused to award points for LTSSL, you may need to do the full IQA assessment to prove that your occupation + qualification fulfilled the LTSSL.

First of all, you cannot use your post-gard diploma to claim LTSSL points (I did the same mistake), even through your post-grad is based on your Bachelor, to claim LTSSL points, you have to use any one of the below:
    *** Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (plus IPENZ letter...) , or
    *** A bachelor's degree at NZQF Level 7, with a minimum equivalent of 360 credits, plus major in ..... etc .......

I think you are in occupation ICT Systems Test Engineer (263213), please refer to below LTSSL page 11-12, see the details in column 3 and 4:
    http://skillshortages.immigration.go...rtage-list.pdf

If your qualification is on the exempt list, I think the name of your qualification have to be exactly matched in column 3 and 4 in order to claim LTSSL points, otherwise, you have to do IQA for claiming LTSSL.

Let me share my case, I used my prod-grad Master Degree (PAR result level 9) to claim LTSSL points, my EOI rejected. After that, I proceeded a full IQA assessment for all my qualifications with LTSSL assessment. My Bachelor Degree assessed as Level 7 with LTSSL fulfilled. Then I re-submit EOI using my Bachelor Degree to claim those LTSSL points and ITA received successfully.

If you need to do IQA, I suggest to do it as earlier as possible, because IQA now takes a long time to process, my IQA spent over 4 months.

Don't do PAR as NZQA suggested on their web, just do IQA directly if you need it. PAR only used to check NZQF level, it will waste you another 1-2 months.
    Last edited by kne; 25th July 2017 at 09:20 PM.

Thank you so much for your reply, kne.
    So I could not use my post grad diploma to claim the points, right? Even if I studied my post grad in NZ, which should be exexpmted if I am not wrong.
    If I use my bachelor to claim the point, that means I will be deducted the points as studying in NZ up to one year (10 points), because I didn't study my bachelor in NZ but only my post grad in NZ.

Well, I got it, kne. Thank you. I will then do IQA.
    However, Will the long term skilled shortage list of ICT be removed from the current SMC policy? If I still doIQA, it won't help, am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by OHoney View Post
    Well, I got it, kne. Thank you. I will then do IQA.
    However, Will the long term skilled shortage list of ICT be removed from the current SMC policy? If I still doIQA, it won't help, am I right?
    As my understanding LTSSL should be review time over time, I think no one knows what would be added or removed from the list. If you ask me I would say ICT most likely could be remind on the list in the forseeable future, and I keep my suggestion no change, if you want to submit EOI soon, you should do IQA now. if you could spend 4 months to finish the IQA before you submit EOI, then your EOI would be submitted and selected on coming November, it could be a long long time waiting.

New Zealand Now reference info for ICT jobs, look like NZ Gov welcome more ICT to come (and I hope so
    https://www.newzealandnow.govt.nz/wo...echnology-jobs

Quote Originally Posted by OHoney View Post
    So I could not use my post grad diploma to claim the points, right? Even if I studied my post grad in NZ, which should be exexpmted if I am not wrong.
    If I use my bachelor to claim the point, that means I will be deducted the points as studying in NZ up to one year (10 points), because I didn't study my bachelor in NZ but only my post grad in NZ.
    I do not fully understand what do you mean above. You can get points from your post-grad diploma, such as if it is NZQF level 9, which is 10 points more than Degree. At the same time, LTSSL related points could use your degree to claim points. In your EOI you should input both qualifications. When you re-submit your EOI after IQA, I suggest you to specially mention that you have done IQA so the LTSSL points should able to awarded, so to remind INZ not to reject your EOI again using the same reason.

For my case, I especially fill the IQA result and mention the LTSSL assessment result in working experience description (the only area that you can input text description). The following is my sample for your reference:

************************ example ********************
    This job I am currently working and have worked for 7.5 years is Recognised in LTSSL: Systems Analyst (ANZSCO NO. 261112)

This job used to claim below points, with my Bachelor of Computing degree (NZQA IQA ref: 999999-2: NZQF Level 7, LTSSL meets the requirements of ICT Systems Analyst):
    10 bonus points of Recognised qualification in an area of absolute skill shortage.
    15 points for having 6 years or more work experiences in area of absolute skill shortage
    30 points for having 10 years or more recognised work experiences (this job 7.5 years, last job 2.5 years)
    ********************** end of example *****************

good luck to both your IQA and EOI applications