Thread: what happens whilst I wait.

Default what happens whilst I wait.

So I am waiting on an my residency appeal which has been referred to the minister of immigration. I've been told 3-6 months but my current essential skills work visa runs out in 8 weeks. I'm applying for a new work visa but I wondered what would happen if this is declined? Would it affect the ministers decision? Given that my residency has been declined I am concerned that my visa application might also be declined. I've been informed by the IPT that they have recomended to the minister that they grant me residency given my 'unique' circumstances. My lawyer seemed to suggest that almost all cases are approved but I am trying not to think about the outcome right now.

I'm afraid there is nothing to do BUT wait. You can't plan for all contingencies at this stage.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    I'm afraid there is nothing to do BUT wait. You can't plan for all contingencies at this stage.
    Thanks Jand. I guess nothing stopping me applying for a visa.. I have to right given that they are still deciding.

One thing that confused me was it still says pending on my online status. Not once has it said declined. Anyway I'll just have to wait and stay positive.