Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: On Partnership Work Visa for 2 year awaiting for the approval of Partnership Residence Visa

Default On Partnership Work Visa for 2 year awaiting for the approval of Partnership Residence Visa

Hi Everyone,

I'd like to ask for clarification on my situation. I have a 2 years Partnership Work Visa which will expire on 30 Sept 2018. I lodged my Partnership Residency Application in Wellington Branch 30 January 2017. Then they emailed me 12 April 2017 stating that my application has now been transferred to Manukau Branch and will then be assigned to a CO once it arrives at the branch and it did. ON 29 April 2017, the CO emailed me asking for additional documents and have posted to her the required papers on 02 May 2017. From then until now, I have not heard anything from her. I rang the INZ hotline, they said it usually takes 1-4 months processing due to backlog of applications and applications being diverted now to Manukau branch.

My question now is, what kind of verification will they do? Do they contact the embassy as to what the nationality of the principal applicant? My work visa was only approved last 29 Sept 2016 and I have submitted everything so I assume all the verification is done already at that stage.

Please enlighten me. I would appreciate it so much!

The requirements for any partner-sponsored visa (apart from the character and health as for all visas) relate to there being a live-in relationship between the foreign partner and the NZ citizen or resident sponsoring them, so most of the verification is of the living together evidence. For Residence, they check that there is proof that the couple have been living together during the 12 months leading up to the application, and it is also common for them to ask for more evidence covering the time of processing just before they issue the visa, to make sure that the relationship has not broken down in the meantime. Verification for the previous visa does not stand on its own, because, again, there has been time for the couple to break up since then. Even people who have been married for 20 years still have to go through the same procedure.

Thank you Sir for clarifying. Everything (documents showing we lived together since 2012, marriage cert, etc) I submitted it in July 2016 for the Partnership Work Visa, thus maybe I was granted 2 years Partnership Work Visa. I did not immediately applied for the Residency thru PArtnership at that time because I didn't have enough funds.

Do they still require me and my husband to be interviewed? My husband is a NZ Citizen. Or will they just ring me?

It is up to the CO processing the case whether or not s/he wants to interview one or both of you. It doesn't always happen.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    It is up to the CO processing the case whether or not s/he wants to interview one or both of you. It doesn't always happen.

Thank you again, Sir.

JandM am I allowed to ask coffeelover what type of additional info the CO asked for?

Of course - you have put the question. It's up to coffeelover whether or not she replies.

Thanks JandM.

Coffelover- what kind of further additional docs did they require please?

Hello Molly,

The CO just requested more documents that shows we are still living together in the last 12 months. I submitted our new tenancy agreement and other updated information from the time we moved address in September. Actually I submitted evidences from 2012-August 2016 for my PArtnership Work Visa; but in September 2016 we moved address thus I submitted last April our new tenancy agreement and other documents that has our new address together. Also I submitted additional new pictures of me and my husband, our airplane ticket for our holiday last May 2017.

Have you got yours approved already?

Thank you so much Coffeelover.

You sound like you are on track, wish you all the best.

We will submit soon. Then I guess a waiting game like everyone else

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast