Thread: Work to residence visa : Long term skill shortage (Urgent Help)

Red face Work to residence visa : Long term skill shortage (Urgent Help)

Hi There,

I have applied for Work to Residence, Long Term Skill Shortage visa last week and after assessment of my application today i got a message from INZ.

LTSSL Requirement Specifications
    As per instruction WR3.1 (a), to be granted a visa under the Long Term Skill
    Shortage List Work Instructions applicant must hold an offer of employment in
    an occupation that is included on the Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) at
    the time that their application is made and that meets the specifications for that
    occupation. In your application, the position you are offered with is claimed as
    web developer at XXX Company, which occupation is included in Appendix 4-
    Long Term Skill Shortage List (LTSSL) of the instructions. However, after
    checking all the evidence you provided, it seems at current stage you do not
    meet the requirement specifications listed for that occupation (see Appendix 4).
    n Firstly, according to our data base and information you provided, the
    qualification you hold is Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Level
    7. Accordingly, in LTSSL, it is required that for a qualification at NZQF Level
    7 or higher, a letter from IPENZ certifying that the degree and any further
    learning meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered Professional
    Engineer professional status in New Zealand is needed, which is not included
    in your application.
    n Secondly, a minimum of three years' relevant post-qualification work
    experience is required in LTSSL. However, according to the evidence you
    provided, including the application form, employment agreement and
    income tax records, it is found you only worked at this employment since 21
    November 2016, which means your post-qualification work experience was
    only 8 months when you submitted current application, given that your
    qualification of Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Level 7 was
    granted in Nov 2016. Therefore, it seems you do not meet the work
    experience requirements set out in LTSSL at this stage.
    My questions are

1. I think i have made a mistake applying work to residence visa as it doesn't match the work and qualification requirements, i think essential skill work visa is good for me at this stage? (Completed Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Level 7 in NOV 16 got a job as Web Developer in Nov 16 //// also 5 years of web development experience in my home country)
    2. As i already applied for work to residence visa, Can i ask Immigration officer to consider the same application as essential skill work visa or to lodge a new work visa application?
    3. If he considered the same application under essential skill work visa or if apply a new work visa, do my employer needs to provide "Skill match report" or "Evidence that he made genuine attempts to recruit" ? (My Job is skill level 1 in ANZSCO)
    4. If later i apply for residency under SMC, can i still need a "letter from IPENZ certifying that the degree meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered Professional" and "three years relevant post-qualification work
      experience" ? (as my job is under LTSSL)

Any quick help is much appreciated as i need to reply back asap, thanks a lot !!

Quote Originally Posted by nzgeek View Post
    Hi There,

I have applied for Work to Residence, Long Term Skill Shortage visa last week and after assessment of my application today i got a message from INZ.

My questions are

1. I think i have made a mistake applying work to residence visa as it doesn't match the work and qualification requirements, i think essential skill work visa is good for me at this stage? (Completed Graduate Diploma in Information Technology Level 7 in NOV 16 got a job as Web Developer in Nov 16 //// also 5 years of web development experience in my home country)
    2. As i already applied for work to residence visa, Can i ask Immigration officer to consider the same application as essential skill work visa or to lodge a new work visa application?
    3. If he considered the same application under essential skill work visa or if apply a new work visa, do my employer needs to provide "Skill match report" or "Evidence that he made genuine attempts to recruit" ? (My Job is skill level 1 in ANZSCO)
    4. If later i apply for residency under SMC, can i still need a "letter from IPENZ certifying that the degree meet the benchmark requirements towards Chartered Professional" and "three years relevant post-qualification work
      experience" ? (as my job is under LTSSL)

Any quick help is much appreciated as i need to reply back asap, thanks a lot !!
    soooo....

This is my very own personal opinion/experience and please do not consider this as an Migration Advise.

Something similar happened to me... I applied to Work to Residence... and.. and it was denied because I didn't have the experience...

I wrote a very professional and real letter to my case officer... where I explain that I applied to the wrong visa and asked her if she could consider my application as Work Visa instead of Work to Residence... I remind her about my bachelor degree, my master and the job offer - and after two weeks the visa was approved as Work Visa.

I would like to put emphasis... that your professional experience have to be in a comparable labour market and they will consider your experience after you studies were completed NOT before

And yes please complete all the assess/revalidate of your degree... this is the most important point of your application

good luck

Thank you YessicaCBO for your reply, that would be a great help !!

Just to let everyone know got a reply from INZ, they changed my visa application category.

Well noted. Please be informed that your application category has been changed to Work Visa- essential Skills as requested by you and to be allocated to another officer for assessing. He or she will contact you if any further information needed.
    Thank you.
    Thank you so much YessicaCBO

hi nzgeek...

That's great!

That's great news.

Essential work visa approved - 3 years !!

Thank you so much YEssicaCBO and JandM