Thread: Re-enter NZ using passport from a visa waiver country

Default Re-enter NZ using passport from a visa waiver country

I am thinking about how my parent comes to visit my family after we got NZ Resident Visa. We are from a visa waiver country, if my parent comes to visit us using a visa waiver country's passport and stay less than 3 months, then she does not need to apply for any visa before come.

My question is after she leaves, how long she needed to wait until she able to come again for next visit?

As my understanding, it is not worth to apply for the parent visitor visa, because if the application rejected for any reason, such as healthy reason, she may not allow to entering NZ again even using a visa waiver country's passport.

Quote Originally Posted by kne View Post
    I am thinking about how my parent comes to visit my family after we got NZ Resident Visa. We are from a visa waiver country, if my parent comes to visit us using a visa waiver country's passport and stay less than 3 months, then she does not need to apply for any visa before come.

My question is after she leaves, how long she needed to wait until she able to come again for next visit?

As my understanding, it is not worth to apply for the parent visitor visa, because if the application rejected for any reason, such as healthy reason, she may not allow to entering NZ again even using a visa waiver country's passport.
    Normally maximum stay of 9 months in any 18. Effectively each time they leave the clock resets, and they would be admitted again for 3 months each time they return. There is no minimum time away before returning and the duration of the entry permission granted would only be limited if they were close to the 9 months in 18 spent in NZ.
    Last edited by ChrisMwn; 28th July 2017 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisMwn View Post
    Normally maximum stay of 9 months in any 18. Effectively each time they leave the clock resets, and they would be admitted again for 3 months each time they return. There is no minimum time away before returning and the duration of the entry permission granted would only be limited if they were close to the 9 months in 18 spent in NZ.
    Hi ChrisMwn,

Thanks for your inforamtion. In every 18 months, they can stay for maximum 9 months, that means for example if my parents come and stayed for 3 months > leave NZ for 3 months > stay NZ 3 months > leave NZ for 3 months > again and again..... normally it is fine. Only flight tickets quite expensive

compare to parent visitor visa, maximum 6 months each time, maximum 18 months in 3 years, they are not big different, only longer single stay period.