Thread: Visit NZ before AIP expire date

Default Visit NZ before AIP expire date

Dear,

I need suggestion, as I know after blue sticker on passport we have only one year to land in NZ, My question if I only visit NZ and came back UAE,

1-how much time I have to stay outside from NZ ?

2-in NZ website its mention we have to stay 6 month in one year (1 year in 2 years) to qualify permanent resident ?

Quote Originally Posted by mohdali486 View Post
    Dear,

I need suggestion, as I know after blue sticker on passport we have only one year to land in NZ, My question if I only visit NZ and came back UAE,

1-how much time I have to stay outside from NZ ?

2-in NZ website its mention we have to stay 6 month in one year (1 year in 2 years) to qualify permanent resident ?
    youd have to be back in NZ, by the time your visa expires, which would be a date, 2 years after your first arrival in NZ.

You then need to spend 184 days in each of the two twelve month periods preceding the date of any application for a PRV, to be approved

RV2.5 How do resident visa holders or former holders qualify for a permanent resident visa?

Upon application principal applicants, except for those to whom RV2.10 applies, will be granted a permanent resident visa if:

they either:
    hold a resident visa, and have held that resident visa continuously for at least 24 months at the time of application; or
    have held a resident visa in the three months before the application is made, and had held that resident visa continuously for at least 24 months before it expired (provided RV1.25 does not apply); and
    their first day in New Zealand as a resident (R5.66.1) was at least 24 months before the application is made; and
    they can demonstrate a commitment to New Zealand by meeting the requirements set out in any one of the five subsections below (RV2.5.1 to RV2.5.20); and
    they have met any conditions imposed under section 49(1) or section 50 of the Immigration Act; and
    they meet character requirements for residence (see A5).