Thread: Extension of work visa (linked to partner and she has applied for post study work visa permit recently)

Talking Extension of work visa (linked to partner and she has applied for post study work visa permit recently)

Hi,

Question regarding extension of work visa (linked to partner and she has applied for post study work visa permit today)

I appeared for my complete medical check in January - February 2016. I am already on work visa through my partner who was a student before - she just appeared for a post study work visa online today (as I stated above). My questions are:

• Do I need to reappear for a full medical test? I do not have the documented proof of that medical test but I do have the general medical reference numbers.
    • Do I need to prove my relationship with my partner again in terms of photos, chat and text history, etcc
    • Do I need to resubmit police certificate again for myself?
    • Is the type of visa I am applying for, getting declined by INZ even though I am in New Zealand and have been working for more than a year?
    • What documents are needed for extension to my work visa - it ends on 28 August 2017?
    • From experience, would I get my work visa before the end date of 28 August 2017?
    • Do employers accept an interim work visas?

Thanks,
    Famed

Bump

Medicals - you shouldn't need a new one, no.
    Yes, every application has to be submitted with full evidence.
    A5.10 d. you shouldn't need a new one of these, either. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/>Administration>A5
    You're not getting the visa *extended* - you're applying for a new one. If your partner's application is accepted, it's likely yours will be, too. This is nothing to do with you and your work. The partner-sponsored visas depend entirely on your relationship with your partner.
    You will need exactly the same kind of evidence as you submitted with your first application for a partner-sponsored work visa.
    It's very unlikely to be processed in just a month, no.
    As you are applying again for the same kind of temporary visa as you had before, any interim visa should allow you to work. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa-conditions There is no reason an employer should have a problem with that. If you are intending to continue in your same job, there isn't likely to be any difficulty, but if you wanted to change jobs, you might come across a NZ employer who hasn't seen an interim visa before and therefore has no confidence in it.

Thanks JandM.

Could you please paste the link again from your message, since it showed a 404 error.

https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...isa-conditions It's the same link, and/but it's working fine. If it doesn't work for you, maybe try with a different browser.