Thread: 11 months 15 days no decision yet on SMC

Default 11 months 15 days no decision yet on SMC

Hi JandM and Chris need you help, it's now 11 months and 15 days from EOI submission, no decision yet, is this normal? Or should I complain?

Hi Mr. K immigration is taking longer now for some SMC applications. I lodged my application last year in july and got case officer in oct 16, and still waiting for the decision. We can only wait. Hope it will be worth by the end. 😊

Yes, it's normal for some cases. This time last year, some INZ branches/officials were already warning applicants that processing might take around 12 months. As I've often repeated on the threads, INZ timings are never a promise, only their best guess based on recent averages, so some cases could be expected to take a shorter time, some a longer time. The variables are the complexity of your case (how much evidence has to be checked out), the urgency or not of the replies of those who are asked to verify your evidence, and the flow of work through the same INZ offices just before and at the same time as your case.

Quote Originally Posted by JandM View Post
    Yes, it's normal for some cases. This time last year, some INZ branches/officials were already warning applicants that processing might take around 12 months. As I've often repeated on the threads, INZ timings are never a promise, only their best guess based on recent averages, so some cases could be expected to take a shorter time, some a longer time. The variables are the complexity of your case (how much evidence has to be checked out), the urgency or not of the replies of those who are asked to verify your evidence, and the flow of work through the same INZ offices just before and at the same time as your case.
    thanks for replying JandM , the only thing I can do is wait .. hope they will process soon. 🙏