Thread: Any clue on possible partner visas changes?

Default Any clue on possible partner visas changes?

Did anybody hear/read anything regarding the changes they may implement on partner visas (if they will actually implement any at all) ?

I've been told that partners won't hold the right to work any longer under a partner visa. This seems to be quite severe. Is there any truth on this? The report released by the Cabinet Office mentions nothing about it.

I think the idea was thrown around and was published in several articles that 'Partners and children would no longer be allowed entry automatically and get work and student visas, but instead would enter the country as visitors and would need to meet visa requirements in their own right' based on the partner of a SMC(work or student) visa.

I have never heard/seen any changes based on partnership visas with those in relationships with NZ Citizens/residents.
    Last edited by Jinkello; 1st August 2017 at 05:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkello View Post
    I think the idea was thrown around and was published in several articles that 'Partners and children would no longer be allowed entry automatically and get work and student visas, but instead would enter the country as visitors and would need to meet visa requirements in their own right' based on the partner of a SMC(work or student) visa.
    Thanks for the info

What I found so far refers only to Essential Skills Visas, like the following article: https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...-work-settings

My concern is that I'm on an Post Study Work Visa (Open) so I wonder if I'll still be able to support my partner to get a "Partner of a Worker Work Visa"

Time is running and it makes me crazy not knowing how to move next, how to plan things in advanced

If anything changes, the Media Centre (where that link goes) is the place where official announcements are made. The only recent announcement which affects the partners and families of visa holders is this one https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...-work-settings, which involves lower-skilled essential skills visa holders. There has been nothing about your kind of visa.