Thread: Will changes on Essential Skill Visas affect all other types of Work Visas?

Question Will changes on Essential Skill Visas affect all other types of Work Visas?

I'm on a Post Study Work Visa (Open) and I'd like to support my partner on her "Partner of a Worker Work Visa" but I'm not sure if I will be able to do so under the new regulations.

"Requiring the partners and children of lower-skilled Essential Skills visa holders to meet the requirements for a visa in their own right (they will still have access to short-term visitor visas)." (as per https://www.immigration.govt.nz/abou...-work-settings)

But this seems to apply only for Essential Skills Visas so far. Do you reckon other types of Work Visas (such as mine) will be affected too?

You are asking people to read the future. Nobody can give you answers to such questions, except vague guesses which are of no use.

Based on what has happened so far in this round of consultation and changes, it looks as though your best bet is to do everything you can to avoid being a lower-skilled (by INZ's definition) worker - those are the ones they are apparently seeking to avoid giving the assurance of a long-term base in New Zealand.

Haha you are right. Sorry for that, I'm a bit anxious

I really appreciate the advise, I definitely want to stay and contribute to NZ!