Thread: Proving Supoprting Partner's (Australian) permanent Residency

Default Proving Supoprting Partner's (Australian) permanent Residency

Hi There,

I'm curious if anyone has any experience proving a supporting partner's permanent residency. I've moved here with my partner who is Australian, she is automatically granted a resident class visa on arrival. I've come on a working holiday and have applied for a partnership based work visa. My initial assessment has been done, and the case officer stating that my partner does not have enough evidence to prove permanent residency, even though she's considered a resident on arrival.

Effectively the case officer has stated that because my partner has not lived in NZ for 12 months she does not qualify as a permanent resident, nor has she provided evidence that New Zealand is her primary established residence. We've lived here for 11 months, and have submitted tenancy agreement's including our current which goes for another 6 months. I will also submit her permanent employment contract, but am struggling to find any other ways to establish her intent to stay here permanently.

Looking for any advice on the situation or ideas for other evidence we can present.

kind regards

See on Things To Note in the right hand column here. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-resident-visa Apart from the evidence you have put forward, she needs to get a variation of travel conditions.