Thread: Partnership Work Visa Processing - sharing of experience

Default Partnership Work Visa Processing - sharing of experience

I have made three work visa applications last year and were all rejected (2 applications under Section 61). I re-applied for a temporary visa offshore and was granted (visitor visa). On this application, it took 6 weeks due to the reason that the first case officer allocated took her annual holiday and passed it to another officer to handle.

I applied again for a work visa and below is my timeline:
    15/6/2017: Called INZ to confirm how to submit application as there was two confusing information in the website - one says drop box in Auckland Branch has been closed and another says drop it in Auckland branch. The operator confirmed the former information and advised me to courier it with the PO Box address given.
    16/6/2017: Couriered application on the address given (with signature required)
    21/6/2017: Called INZ to confirm receipt of my application and they said nothing. Worried, I tracked my papers only to find out that it was directed to Manukau Branch as the address given was incorrect. This caused 1 week delay.
    26/6/2017: Received email confirmation from INZ that they received my application on 21/6.
    21/7/2017: Called INZ to check the status of my application...my paper was still in queue waiting for allocation of a case officer. I was informed that processing time is 1-2 months.
    31/7/2017: I have a job offer however due to no having work visa, i may not get the job. Immediately called INZ to check the status again. Still no progress over a month. I was informed that work visa especially my case in not on top priority as it is not an emergency case. Also, i was informed that current processing time is 2-4 months due to high volume of applications. (an increase in processing time and seems like my paper has been set aside as NOT PRIORITY)
    1/8/2017: send an email request to speed up my application due to the job offer.
    At this stage, I'm waiting for the reply on my request.

I'm planning to complain on the delays and i think unreasonable reasons of such delays. I still feel that each application must be given attention as appropriate, not to mention all the cost, stress and worries it caused.

is yout partner a New zealand citizen and why were you declined twice based on your partnership?
    Last edited by onyiking; 2nd August 2017 at 12:28 PM.

Yes, my partner is a NZ citizen. The first application was declined for the reason the case officer is not satisfied that our relationship is genuine and stable. We gather more evidences and re-applied however under section 61 applications they are giving any reason at all.