Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sponsorship/parent and grandparent visitor visa

Default Sponsorship/parent and grandparent visitor visa

Hi folks,

Am planning to apply parent and grandparent visitor visa(3 yrs one ) for my family(dad,mum,sis) to visit me here in NZ. Can i be sponsor for them ? Holding a resident visa and travel conditions are expiring next year ? if yes, how long does it take?

Thanks.

One of my friends mom received her visa within 40 days from INZ Delhi. Yes you can sponser your mom and dad. But they have to show they will return back to their country with good proof. Hope this help.

This is not immigration advice

Thanks sameer456,

and what you think that proof could be ? dad is in govt job.
    Can i be communicator for my family's visa application ?
    Last edited by smcvisa93; 2nd August 2017 at 10:16 PM.

My friend gave his own email id and while he filled out the form for his parents there is a section in the form which has to be filled by u saying you have helped fill the records into the visitor form that is it.

And while your dad is a government official he can write down a letter from his office saying he has holiday leave from office until this date and if they require any further documents then plzzz contact me.

This is just my opinion b
    Not immigration advice. Please let me know if i can help u with anything .

1. my sister is turning 18 this oct and she will be dependent child. her passport will expire oct 2018.
    you think it could be an issue for not getting three years visa ?

2. Do they Need all need to submit police Clarence certificate ? as they wont be here for more thn 24 months ?

3. when to have medical appointment ? before or after submitting application ?

4. is it fine if principal applicant can show his own funds as well, while am sponsoring them?

5. can we send original passports with application ?

Many thanks

1. my sister is turning 18 this oct and she is dependent child. her passport will expire oct 2018.
    you think it could be an issue for not getting three years visa ?

2. Do they all need to submit police Clarence certificate ? as they wont be here for more thn 24 months ?

3. when to have medical appointment ? before or after submitting application ?

4. is it fine if principal applicant can show his own funds as well, while am sponsoring them?

5. can we send original passports with application ?

Many thanks

Your sister can't be part of the parent/grandparent visa, because she isn't one. Please see the details of Criteria on the INZ fact sheet. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...-visa#criteria

Yes, they do need a police certificate if they have previously spent 6 months or more in NZ and haven't supplied one before.

The medical certificates must be done before application, but must not be more than three months old at the time of lodgement. https://www.immigration.govt.nz/opsmanual/46507.htm

You have to sign sponsorship to say you will be responsible for finances for your parents, regardless of what money they have themselves. You won't need to pay out if they can pay for themselves, but it's your signature that clinches if they are eligible, not their own resources.

For passports, do what it says on the form. I think you may have the choice of sending originals or certified copies.

hey ! Thank a lot jandm

so she needs to apply for her own visa ?
    what visa form to fill in for my sister ?
    will it be a different visa application ?
    will she get same length of visa as my parents ?

Yes, it will be an ordinary visitor's visa https://www.immigration.govt.nz/new-...t/visitor-visa, and therefore, yes, different from that for your parents, and no, she will not necessarily get one to accompany them on each visit they make.

this sounds bit confusing now. she will be applying for (Type of visitor visa) general visitor or dependent child ? will she be the principal applicant if not who will be ? she is 17 and dependent child of our parents.

will she be applying her visa once parents/grandparents visa is granted ? or it doesn't matter.

How will NZ immigration get to know that shes dependent child and wanna go with her parents, who are having parents/grandparents visa ?

and i dont think she will need a medical or police clearance in if shes staying here 2 months.

can parents/grandparents visitor visa be renewed or applied again after 3 years.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast