Thread: In case of a refusual, how many days do they give to appeal and/or leave the country?

Default In case of a refusual, how many days do they give to appeal and/or leave the country?

In cases of refusals, does anyone have any knowledge or experience of how many days the Immigration Service typically give a visa applicant to leave the country? (Or are their any legal obligations on how many days they must give?)

I believe we put in a strong application for my partner's partnership-based work visa, but it is good to be prepared for all eventualities. What concerns me about a refusal is that we would have (presumably) only a very limited time in which to either appeal the decision (most likely), or make an appropriate flight booking (last resort).

My partner's current visitors' visa expires in eight days, but it will be at least two or three weeks after that before we can expect a decision on the partnership visa (according to their processing times). The gap between the two dates will presumably be covered by an Interim visa, but from what we understand, they don't issue an Interim visa until the last minute before it becomes necessary. This adds quite a bit to the uncertainty.

Above all, I'm very conscious of how important it would be for my partner to not overstay and breach conditions of any visa, and that's why I'm interested in just how much time we might have to do take these actions - should the worst happen.

I've had a visa cancelled before. I was given 2 weeks to leave the country or apply for a different visa. Luckily I was granted a new visa after applying.

You also have 2 weeks (14 days after receiving notification of refusal) to submit an appeal for reconsideration of a declined application. So in my experience, 2 weeks seems to be their preferred timeframe for these matters.

I thought it was 42 days to either lodge appeal or leave. New to this tho